pretty OT: boats

I only wish Tesla would make a boat. That would be awesome to be able to break 50 on the water with hardly a sound.

I think it's funny that you think Teslas are status symbols. I guess they are... to you. Most people who drive them just think they are nice cars.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

Around here, that's a clear plus in the summer. Most of us on the cove have spent entire afternoons up to our necks in the lake.

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

It's a status of labor camp manufacturing. Although they are not directly from concentration camps, the infrastructures are supported by camp victims. That goes for Apple too. I am proud owner of non-Apple and non-Tesla products.

Reply to
Edward Lee

Do you drive cars that aren't made in labor camps as virtue signalling?

Got it!

--

  Rick C.

  -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

Do my best to avoid them if possible, but when it's out of my control, i have no choice.

Reply to
Edward Lee

:

te:

osts

peed

the water

le to break 50 on the water with hardly a sound.

s they are... to you. Most people who drive them just think they are nice c ars.

ctly from concentration camps, the infrastructures are supported by camp vi ctims. That goes for Apple too. I am proud owner of non-Apple and non-Tesla products.

have no choice.

So what cars are not made the same way as all others? I think you are comp laining about Teslas when all the others are the same. I expect the Apple devices are produced pretty much the same way as other phones. The one dif ference is that the Apple phones are made so compact that it requires more manual labor since machines can't do the same jobs. So more people can be paid the relatively higher wages this type of assembly brings compared to m any other jobs in those areas.

What exactly are you complaining about with Teslas??? They make most of th em in Fremont, CA. Are you saying the Fremont factory is a slave labor cam p?

--

  Rick C.

  +- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

te:

rote:

costs

speed

n the water

able to break 50 on the water with hardly a sound.

ess they are... to you. Most people who drive them just think they are nice cars.

rectly from concentration camps, the infrastructures are supported by camp victims. That goes for Apple too. I am proud owner of non-Apple and non-Tes la products.

g?

i have no choice.

plaining about Teslas when all the others are the same. I expect the Apple devices are produced pretty much the same way as other phones. The one diff erence is that the Apple phones are made so compact that it requires more m anual labor since machines can't do the same jobs. So more people can be pa id the relatively higher wages this type of assembly brings compared to man y other jobs in those areas.

Apple earns major part of their profit from China.

hem in Fremont, CA. Are you saying the Fremont factory is a slave labor cam p?

Tesla is ramping up productions in China.

Both companies have no plan of slowing down in China.

Reply to
Edward Lee

:

rote:

in

or costs

us speed

in the water

e able to break 50 on the water with hardly a sound.

guess they are... to you. Most people who drive them just think they are ni ce cars.

directly from concentration camps, the infrastructures are supported by cam p victims. That goes for Apple too. I am proud owner of non-Apple and non-T esla products.

ing?

, i have no choice.

omplaining about Teslas when all the others are the same. I expect the Appl e devices are produced pretty much the same way as other phones. The one di fference is that the Apple phones are made so compact that it requires more manual labor since machines can't do the same jobs. So more people can be paid the relatively higher wages this type of assembly brings compared to m any other jobs in those areas.

them in Fremont, CA. Are you saying the Fremont factory is a slave labor c amp?

So the problem is we should not build anything in China? Tesla is ramping up production everywhere they build cars which is in the US and China prese ntly and soon to be in Germany. So when they start making cars in Germany will you talk about the concentration camps there too? That's some bad juj u.

The fact that after three opportunities to explain yourself you have totall y failed to provide any substantial evidence of anything wrong I think we c an easily see where the problem is. Short between the headphones.

--

  Rick C.

  ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

:

te:

ed in

.

otor costs

ious speed

le in the water

be able to break 50 on the water with hardly a sound.

I guess they are... to you. Most people who drive them just think they are nice cars.

t directly from concentration camps, the infrastructures are supported by c amp victims. That goes for Apple too. I am proud owner of non-Apple and non

-Tesla products.

lling?

ol, i have no choice.

complaining about Teslas when all the others are the same. I expect the Ap ple devices are produced pretty much the same way as other phones. The one difference is that the Apple phones are made so compact that it requires mo re manual labor since machines can't do the same jobs. So more people can b e paid the relatively higher wages this type of assembly brings compared to many other jobs in those areas.

of them in Fremont, CA. Are you saying the Fremont factory is a slave labor camp?

Yes.

US and China presently and soon to be in Germany. So when they start makin g cars in Germany will you talk about the concentration camps there too? Th at's some bad juju.

No, there are no more concentration camps in Germany.

lly failed to provide any substantial evidence of anything wrong I think we can easily see where the problem is. Short between the headphones.

I keep explaining to you that there are forced labor camps, rape and tortur e camps, human organ farms in China. There are probably in some other coun tries, but not in Japan and Germany currently.

Reply to
Edward Lee

:

te:

rote:

rked in

ed.

motor costs

erious speed

hole in the water

to be able to break 50 on the water with hardly a sound.

. I guess they are... to you. Most people who drive them just think they ar e nice cars.

not directly from concentration camps, the infrastructures are supported by camp victims. That goes for Apple too. I am proud owner of non-Apple and n on-Tesla products.

nalling?

trol, i have no choice.

[...]

You "explain" many things, but you offer little in the way of evidence. So little it is indistinguishable from zero.

Even if the cars are built elsewhere, how do you know the parts aren't from China? That's the problem they have with conflict minerals and diamonds, there is never a sure way to know where they are from.

Since there is no evidence of any such problems in China, I'll ignore your posts on the matter.

--

  Rick C.

  --- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

Can I butt in? A Bing search "are there concentration camps in China?" turned up several sources. New York Post, National Review, Vox, Washington Post, Wikipedia, AP News, MetroUk, NBC, and BBC UK all say there are.

Are they credible? Maybe using the same flawed source with no corroboration? Beats me, but they all seem to agree. Reeducation camp might be a better term. A quick look didn't say anything about organ harvesting, or out and out torture.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

OK, reeducation camp with dark rooms, single user swimming pools (head in only), barted wire fences, electric patons, and guns of course.

There are price list for human organs in China. Deliveries in about a week.

Reply to
Edward Lee

:

te:

rote:

rked in

ed.

motor costs

erious speed

hole in the water

[...]

But don't provide any links to the evidence for their existence. If you hav e prisoners who have been convicted of crimes, most countries put them to w ork - it certainly happens in the US.

Seems improbable. Re-education camps won't be pleasant places, but giving p sychotic idiots free reign isn't going to reeducate anybody. It just wrecks the prisoners even more thoroughly.

The Chinese are reputed to harvest organs from executed criminals for trans plantation, which sort of makes sense - the criminals have no further use f or them. Larry Niven wrote a few science fiction stories about the down-sid e of this approach, with the death penalty being brought in for fairly mino r offenses, such as repeated traffic violations. Human organ farms don't ma ke any sense at all.

currently.

Where "probably" seems to mean that right-wing nut-cases can imagine them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I've been told it's eerie going flat out without the (2 cycle) outboard noise.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark

te:

water

to break 50 on the water with hardly a sound.

hey are... to you. Most people who drive them just think they are nice car s.

oise.

I've never been on an electric boat, but I have been on boats with 4 stroke engines which are quieter than 2 stroke. It's probably a lot like in a ca r, while the engine doesn't make so much noise, there are other noise sourc es. My car has foam inserts in the tires reducing road noise so they don't spoil the quiet at highway speeds. I've been on highways where the compos ition changes and the abrupt noise level change is dramatic.

I have an old Master Craft. I wonder if I could get what is needed to conv ert that? It presently has a Ford 351 Cleveland somewhere around 250 to 30

0 HP. That's about one Tesla motor. Then it's a matter of stuffing some b attery packs in there and cooling it all.
--

  Rick C.

  -+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

on"

If you drive around you will also see A LOT of cars parked in driveways, be cause that is WHERE they are parked when not in use. How many boats do you see in driveways that ARE in use? Answer: NONE.

Boats aren't used as often as cars - that is the nature of boats. That DOES N'T mean they are NEVER used. I have an aircraft that spends MOST of its ti me on the ground; this year, do to COVID, it only spent 125 hours actually in the air (out of about 6,000). But if you drive by my airport you will se e it tied down, day after day.

Reply to
Flyguy

I had a neighbor who bought a boat and never took it out. At least I don't remember it doing anything but sitting in his yard.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gill

because that is WHERE they are parked when not in use.

Apparently cars spend 95% of their time parked. This has lead to a tolerabl y serious proposal that batteries in parked electric cars could be used as back-storage for the power network, to help it cope with the non-dispatchab le nature of wind- and solar-power.

Rick C doesn't think much of the idea, but it got aired back in 2008 in

and hasn't been shot down since then.

ESN'T mean they are NEVER used. I have an aircraft that spends MOST of its time on the ground; this year, do to COVID, it only spent 125 hours actuall y in the air (out of about 6,000). But if you drive by my airport you will see it tied down, day after day.

Flyguy gets something right for once. I'm amazed.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

But I see a lot of cars on the road too. I see very few of those anywhere but in the driveway.

I know one guy who had his power boat shrink-wrapped to protect it from the elements and critters. It hasn't been moved in years. His wife isn't happy about any of that.

I see a lot more off-road vehicles being towed than I see boats. Yesterday on I80 we passed the biggest pickup truck I've ever seen. In the bed was the biggest off-road jeepy thing that I've ever seen. The tires were about as tall as my car.

If you're going to get enthusiastic for something and then get tired of it, make it something small. Like an oscilloscope maybe.

What kind of scope do you have?

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

:

, because that is WHERE they are parked when not in use.

bly serious proposal that batteries in parked electric cars could be used a s back-storage for the power network, to help it cope with the non-dispatch able nature of wind- and solar-power.

You mischaracterize my opinion. I simply pointed out that the marginal cos t of using auto batteries are quite high given that they are in autos, devi ces that are expensive without the battery. While in theory a battery can be replaced in an auto, the cost of that will not make the marginal cost of using the battery for not transportation uses significantly less since the y are "captive" devices, only purchased from the automaker.

So if a fair market is establishes where informed sellers can offer their b atteries to informed buyers, I think the high cost of auto batteries will m ake them much less useful (more expensive) than simply the utilities owning the batteries they use for grid peak supply and arbitrage.

I did concede that there might be a limited market for such a market which depends on the highest prices paid at peak times. I have seen marginal rat es exceed 10x price of normal electricity. However that will be some time off since even that portion of the market would be profitable for wholly ow ned batteries as shown by the many installations that are designed to do ju st that.

The idea of a market selling electrical storage in the form of auto batteri es requires there being a premium paid for the service at a price higher th an the actual cost of the wear on the battery. Much like many market, ther e has to be a significant profit motive to the car owner (with the key word being "significant") and it would be more profitable for the utilities to simply own the capacity themselves.

But you failed to see that aspect of the issue claiming everything is for s ale, in essence. I don't dispute the fact that this is true, I dispute the willingness of a auto owner to put wear on the most expensive part of the car without a sizable profit which the utility would be better off putting in their own pockets.

DOESN'T mean they are NEVER used. I have an aircraft that spends MOST of it s time on the ground; this year, do to COVID, it only spent 125 hours actua lly in the air (out of about 6,000). But if you drive by my airport you wil l see it tied down, day after day.

Only because it is much like something he already has taken a position on, owning an airplane which gets relatively little use. Otherwise he would ha ve a hard time seeing this much like Larkin.

I wish most boats were never used. They seem to be getting a lot of use th

e driveway here.