SPICE microstrip dipole antenna model

I am experimenting with SPICE microstrip dipole antenna models. The series RLC lumped element model is assumed. For a half-wavelength microstrip dipol e antenna, the inductance value of the two microstrip segments is computed using values for trace width, thickness, substrate thickness and e ffective dielectric constant. The capacitor value is obtained by using reso nant frequency and the computed value of the inductor. The resistor value i s that of free space, i.e., 377 Ohm. Impedance matching is via a quarter wa ve plate transmission line. Is this the correct procedure ? All hints, suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
amal banerjee

What is the length of your antenna in wavelengths?

Reply to
John S

Disregard. I see that it is a half-wave and is resonant.

You will not have a feed point resistance of 377 ohms. It will be more like 70 ohms.

Reply to
John S