Pretend solution to pretend problem

disaster

Current

e_A...

st

That's weather. Climate says that we know roughly what's going to happen, byt weather says that we don't know when.

What's insane is your persistent misreading of what I've written.

The weather in New York on the 1st January 2050 is unpredictable - as is the weather there any time furhter in the future than about ten days from now.

New York's climate has been pretty predictable over the last few centuries - and probably for the last few millenia - so it's frequently cold in New York on January 1.

If we detonated enough nukes we could bring on a nuclear winter, which would mean that all bets were off, and if we burn enough fossil carbon between now and then we may manage to reorganise the the heat flow from the equator to the poles in such as way as to make the climate in New York radically different. A re-run of the Younger Dryas isn't inconceivable, although it would seem to be pretty unlikely.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

The weather is nice here, how was thwe second warmest year on record for you?

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Pretty good on the whole - we did spend the European summer in Sydney, Australia, where the winter is - on average - about the same as a Nijmegen summer. The last couple of weeks we've had lots of snow, but it finally thawed yesterday.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman