no water pressure. pressure won't hod.

i have a 90 ft well with a submersible pump in a gun club that is not occupied very often. when we turn on the pump the pressure gage immediatly goe to about 30lbs while the pump runs continuously. you can then use the sink while only losing a few lbs. of pressure but it will continue to operate. if you turn off the faucet and then turn off the pum the gage will hold that 30 lbs. for days. if however you turn on the water when the pump is off the pressur drops to zero within 2 seconds and you then have no water. we have approx a 20 gallon tank but it does not appear to have any water in it. the bladder appears to be holding 25-30 lbs of presuure as well. does this sound like a pump issue or is my tank possibly water logged? we have many chiefs in this gun club who all have an opinion bgut the bottom line is, the pump runs continuously. any thoughts?

thanks, mike

Reply to
mhugues

I have owned several homes with wells and pumps.... this symptom is very familiar and the usual result of a bad pressure tank bladder.... and a tempermental check valve on the line from the pump to the tank and pressure switch. electrticitym . .

Reply to
electricitym

One day mhugues got dressed and committed to text

The lack of "reserve" certainly sounds like a bladder problem. The best practical method is to strip the tank and make sure. For the pump to run continuously I would also check the operation of the pressure switch, one problem source is a blocked restrictor or "pulsation damper" orifice in the pressure switch. That can be examined by removing the switch and looking into the connecting adaptor (REMEMBER disconnect the mains first).

-- Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull