PRBS scrambler seed

Hi,

I've designed an scrambler/descrambler 1+x^43

Is it necessary to have the same initial seed in the register at the scrambler and at the descrambler ?

I have put not the same seed and the descrambler decode the data right !!!!

Best regards.

Reply to
patrick.melet

Then I guess you've answered your own question, right?

It depends on your scramber/descrambler design. Some require the same seed, and others don't. The topic has come up here before, within the past year or two, as I recall. Google through the SED history, and I think you'll find some examples.

-- Mike --

Reply to
Mike

--
If you didn\'t start them with the same seed, you started them in the
same state, which is essentially the same thing.