Power supply protection networks

I agree that delta-sigma is a good technique, and as I said, that's actually a pretty nice part. On the other hand, by your criterion, a PRBS generator is also a no-missing-codes ADC. If they'd billed it as a

21-bit ADC, which is what it is, that would be great.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

No, a prbs thing usually misses one code.

John

or

component

had to

5%

stuff

number

some

It could be 100 bits:

1) I believe nothing TI says in their specs (S/N, anyone?) 2) It isn't at least 8k samples/second so is of no use

With 40dB S/N? ;-)

Reply to
krw

Clearly, the truth is not within you. You did reply (without even bothering to snip).

Reply to
krw

Symmetrical is 'prettier'.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Jeez, you're showing your age there. ;^)

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

I was hoping someone might have the answer for that! Another of life's mysteries solved.

Thanks.

Reply to
JW

=20

=20

=20

Gee whiz, Phil. I was using 7 digit DMMs 25 years ago. Old tech now. And Fluke was selling 6-1/2 digit DMMs at the time, i trust that their accuracy was real. Of course warm up times were on the order of half a day (12 hours), easier to keep them running.

Reply to
JosephKK

Funny, when considering your reply just above...

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Joe, count the bits.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Not so funny, since you're the one telling us that you could not care less, yet clearly lying.

Reply to
krw

hype--THIRTY_ONE_BITS?

=20

=20

=20

drifts,=20

put=20

=20

their=20

Since it was a decade counter 26 bits were used (one for signum) in the Flukes. The other used 30 at least. AND this tech was over 20 years ago. Getting 8-1/2 or 9-1/2 decimal digits may be technically feasible, but the measurement error sources are dominating the game at

6-1/2 digits already.
Reply to
JosephKK

Yah. Try 22. Or you could try counting on your fingers and toes.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs