Potential Transformer

"John Larkin

** Big noting yourself like this does not work with me.

In fact, it makes you look like a pathetic jerk.

** Missed the point - yet again.

What a complete goose.

** I have been as specific as possible.

Better re-read the thread.

** More of Larkin's red herrings.

So the posturing clot has no knowledge of toroidal transformers either.

** Now the posturing clot comes around full circle.

Yawn.

** No it is not.

Try reading the OP's post properly.

Try reading any of mine properly.

Make a nice change.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Are you insulting the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology? That's not nice.

John

Thank you.

Reply to
John Popelish

(hanging head in shame)-;

Reply to
John Popelish

"John Larkin"

** Ass.

Reply to
Phil Allison

Transformers aside, what sort of sample rates do you plan to run? Will you sample E and I simultaneously, or is there a single mux'd ADC? Any ideas on processing algorithms?

Getting an electronic meter to, say, the accuracy and dynamic range of a rotating-disk meter is surprisingly difficult; those puppies have probably had thousands of engineer-years applied to their development, and they are *good*.

John

Does that mean it's *not* a school project?

John

Oh yes, sorry I failed to mention that another restriction I have set was to work strictly on 50-60Hz. Thus allowing the use of a PIC to sample the waveforms of each. This project ultimatly would be used to replace the current older wattmeters used in our labs. Thanks again!

Reply to
Kit Talich

This is a senior design project. To graduate we must design and build a product to graduate... so it is more like a project for school :D

Reply to
Kit Talich

Thank you Kit (OP), you put that stink fight to bed (without dessert).

--
JosephKK
Reply to

That makes the choice of sample rate much more interesting. The math here gets fun, relative primes and stuff, especially if you intend to display RMS current.

John