Posting on HIGHWINDS

Yep.

I'm with Shaw and if you go to BBR shaw forum and search you'll find several complaints about them. Shaw contracted out their NNTP to highwinds about a year ago.

The issues are intermittent and haven't been as bad in the last month. I sometimes get a delay when trying to post maybe 20 seconds.

When they first took over Shaw's NNTP it was really bad sometimes I couldn't post at all with an error of to many connections reported by the server.

I also get delays on header retrieval occasionally.

Reply to
Hammy

Any one that has an ISP that uses "High Winds" as their news server, do you have issues of long posting delays times? Some times, times out on you?

I don't usually have reading issues.

Jamie.

Reply to
Jamie

Ok, I'm glad it isn't on my end. I thought my ISP was being cheap or something. They used to host their own server, not any more..

Kind of reminds of the HP photo Smart printer I bought last night and returned this night.. I used to love HP produces, especially their printers. I haven't bought a printer in a while, after last nights experience of trying to get the drivers to install, I went out and bought a cheap $32 printer from the Walmart. Yes, it's cheap. But I need something now to complete some printing that needs to get out on that particular computer

After hashing away at the HP install, last night, I concluded the engineering is done on one place, assembly in another and finally the user software, most likely in India!

You kind of curl your eyebrow alittle when you see "non certified" drivers from HP and have the last driver fail to install with error telling you to contact the hardware vender. Of course, the online solution was useless as usual with most product online help systems.

I would expect to see that with the cheap $32 one. How ever, their drivers were accepted just fine and it works..

Hope they didn't mind me opening the printer cartridges and installing them before I returned it today! ;)

Reply to
Jamie