Politically Incorrect

That's not a vegatable, it's a Mandelbrot Fractal.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

On Sat, 26 Dec 2015 10:44:52 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom Gave us:

Not Mandelbrot at all. Maybe closer to Julia. It is self similarity.

This variant form of cauliflower is the ultimate fractal vegetable. Its pattern is a natural representation of the Fibonacci or golden spiral, a logarithmic spiral where every quarter turn is farther from the origin by a factor of phi, the golden ratio.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I think you are confirming my point. Political correctness is in the mind of the objector.

--

Rick
Reply to

I've never got a microscope to see how deep the pattern goes. We eat them first.

Break off most of the level2 bumps and slice what's left. The slices look like flowers. Saute/scorch in massive amounts of butter and add a lot of garlic at the very end.

lunatic fringe electronics

Is's not people who litter, or drive drunk, or rob banks, that introduce those subjects.

lunatic fringe electronics

Sure, no one would admit to censorship. That's what it is, in all cases, though.

Reply to
krw

When it's still weak, that is. Check out the recent events at U Missouri an d Oberlin College, not to mention the abuses of power in the current admini stration, for the beginnings of what it looks like when it's more fully dev eloped. It's _full_ development takes us into Godwin's Law territory. (IIRC the phrase 'politically correct' is due to Stalin.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Obama's abuses are far more than political correctness. He'd shredded far more than the first amendment. Your point is well taken, however.

Reply to
krw

ridiculous:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Sat, 26 Dec 2015 18:04:26 -0500, krw Gave us:

A good flic...

"Aloha"

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 26 Dec 2015 16:11:21 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

And you can grow it yourself, along with other weird stuff:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

We tried it, but it "bolted", shot shoots all over instead of making the pyramid. Our climate isn't ideal (we can't grow tomatoes for instance) and there must be tricks for making aliens like this behave.

lunatic fringe electronics

e:

eine

en and

arity.

. Its

ral, a

igin

d a

can't grow tomatoes? where do you live a desert or the Antarctica?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 08:47:11 -0800, John Larkin Gave us: snip

You build a small greenhouse box in one of your kitchen windows.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

San Francisco. It's cool and foggy. But it never really freezes, so we can't grow apples either.

lunatic fringe electronics

Some people here grow tomatoes in greenhouses, but it's not very sensible to do that much work to get a few tomatoes. We can buy good tomatoes and other veggies of all sorts; it's an entirely different climate 50 miles in any direction.

We have a Meyer lemon tree that's absurdly productive, but one only needs so many lemons.

Mo loves to garden, but more along the line of roses and things, some herbs, not so much serious edibles. The back yard is small and steep, so row crops are out of the question.

We can't grow edibles up in Truckee either; the deer will eat anything green.

lunatic fringe electronics

I fixed that problem with four steel posts hammered in, then wrap around some 4' welded wire fencing. It took all of ten minutes once I had the materials on site. Left a flap as a gate, which swings open, or hooks closed with some of the frayed ends of the mesh.

| | |

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Deer and rabbit repellent at the hardware store... definitely works. ...Jim Thompson

What, .22 Long Rifle?

Reply to
Tom Miller