Political Correct brainwashing burned me

AKA Democrat.

Reply to
krw

Or pardoned.

Don't bother trying to educate a lefty. It's impossible.

Reply to
krw

No, you know nothing. The term "assault rifle" has *no* meaning, so it means whatever the speaker wants it to mean. An AR15, that a civilian can own is *nothing* like any weapon a soldier would have, other than both are black and sorta resemble each other. Many hunting rifles are more powerful than an AR15. The difference is that they're not black, so don't scare lefties shitless.

Reply to
krw

Why would I want to educate them? It's much more fun rubbing their noses in the piles they leave on the floor.

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

You needed /weeks/ of training to learn that guns can kill? Was this before or after your intensive course on looking both ways before crossing the road, and taking an exam on why you should not run with scissors?

Reply to
David Brown

I'm sure that YOU would. Both safety and maintenance were taught before going to the range, and on more than one weapon. The only 'gun' that you can field strip and clean is the toy between your legs.

Any normal person knows that guns kill. It takes training to keep a weapon in battle ready condition. We had to be able to field strip, clean and reassemble our weapons in completer darkness. All you have to do is run your stupid mouth, like a four year old girl.

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

Why on earth would I want to know how to field strip and clean a gun? Soldiers need to know that kind of thing - I am not a soldier.

And you were the one telling us how after all this training you learned that guns can kill people.

And why all the insults? Should I call you an underdeveloped two year old because you can't, as far as I know, speak Norwegian - and I can?

You were in the military. Great. You know how to strip and clean a number of types of gun. Fine. I would expect no less after all that training. Would I trust you with a gun? No, I certainly would not - because you think guns are something that should be freely available to pretty much anyone, and that a country is safer the more people that have and carry guns. That is just so screwed up, you must have something seriously broken in your mentality. You are like a medieval doctor - when someone is ill, the "cure" is to cover them in leaches and make them worse.

I also would not trust you with a gun - or anything else, for that matter - because you are such an unpleasant, angry, thoughtless and judgemental person. You know next to nothing about me - but you have read some posts I wrote about how I think civilian gun ownership is a bad idea. From this you declare me to be a "leftist" (which I think, to you, means pretty much everyone that is not a raving gun-totting anarchist who would do their own appendectomy rather than visit a public hospital), and thus like all leftists I am wrong in everything I say and deserving of streams of insults at all opportunities.

No, I would certainly trust myself with a gun far sooner than I would trust /you/ with a water pistol.

Reply to
David Brown

scritto:

well, wikipedia has a page on "Assault Rifle"

and also (the second link is a rifle maker):

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

Most self-defense instructors will tell you that self-defense with firearms is an all-or-nothing proposition, i.e. "squeeze first, ask questions last." You either draw the weapon and fire, or you don't draw it at all.

The reason they tell people that isn't to make the world trigger-happy, quite the reverse. It's because in general from a legal perspective if you're in a situation where you draw your weapon but don't feel an immediate pressing need to shoot it, if you do end up eventually getting around to firing it more often than not it means that you weren't in a situation where firing a gun in self-defense was legally justified in the first place. And will very likely end up at trial facing a jury.

Reply to
bitrex

I don't trust you with a spork.

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

That is a fine example of the kind of well-reasoned and clearly justified argument that we have come to expect from you. How could anyone fail to be persuaded by such a towering force of reason and logic?

If you had a point, and were willing to present it, argue it and justify it, I'd listen. But proof by ad hominem does not count (particularly when the ad hominem has no basis in reality, and would be irrelevant even if it were true).

Reply to
David Brown

You don't listen to anyone. You have that same arrogant attitude that the British had during the Revolutionary War. The believed that they were the superior life form, as the fools ordered their troops to march in nice straight lines as the farmers and townspeople picked off one red coated soldier after another.

An 'Army' where you could buy rank, if your family had money.

That might have worked in India and Africa, but not in what became America. It is that same spirit of being able to protect ourselves from a bad Government that lives in our Second Amendment.

Unfortunately for Europe it has allowed any backbone to be bread out, or you would not be over run with 'immigrants' who have created no go zones.

You are hung up on gun deaths in America but percentage wise, they are one of the lowest of any cause.

As always, my advice is "If you want to take away America's guns, give it your best shot" No one will hand one over to you, unless it's stolen or it was used in a capital crime. Try it. Come over, and start knocking on doors as you proudly tell them, I'm here to take your guns.

I'm certain that you will continue to rant with your stream of misinformation, but I no longer care.

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

Now there's a fine source.

You're an idiot.