PLASTIC boxes suitable for guitar effects pedals

Where can I buy PLASTIC boxes suitable for guitar effects pedals ?

Thanks

Elico

Reply to
RealInfo

"RealInfo"

** There is no such thing.

Plastic provides no electrical shielding, insufficient strength and far too little weight for the app.

You must be a RealFuckwit to assume otherwise.

As we all know you are.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

What sort of PLASTIC are you interested in? As pointed out (in the individual's own inimitable way), guitar effects pedals get a huge beating -- you need a pretty stout box, and while I don't think that's totally out of the range of what plastic, in general, could do, such a box would be ugly, expensive, or both -- and it still wouldn't shield.

Unless you're doing contract engineering for a cheap Chinese place that just wants something that looks good on eBay but doesn't care whether it survives the first enthusiastic stomp. Then any old thing will be suitable.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

I usually buy a guitar effects pedal and rip out the guts to put my own circuitry in it. Just did this with a VOX wah-wah pedal. Needed a foot operated speed control. VOX pedals are metal and hold up to abuse.

Reply to
qrk

Mark, Do you shed your sandals when you need wah-wah ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Plastic? No thanks.

Buy a DoD A/B switch - a model 270. Nothing in it but a switch, two jacks and a resistor. They're like $30 USD.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

If you want to get METAL boxes (without buying an existing effect pedal), Hammond has some nice looking ones.

Dunno why the insistence on plastic, though.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Because the OP is a cheapskate.

Reply to
hamilton

Always! Can't feel the pedal with clad feet.

Reply to
qrk

I always got a kick out of the only time you wore anything resembling "shoes" was when you were driving Philippe LeGars and me to lunch or dinner ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Actually, while driving, I didn't wear shoes. Probably had socks on. Gotta feel those pedals! I'm sure you went barefoot back in your hick days. I haven't grown out of my hick days.

In the lab, going barefoot reduces static buildup. Them toob days had some advantages, but I don't miss getting wacked by the B+.

Reply to
qrk

I remember you wearing those low-cut "tennis" shoes.

Indeed I did _until_ I stepped on a sand hornets' nest hidden in the grass... foot swelled up the size of a football... never went barefoot again.

In my office I'm generally just in socks. ...Jim Thompson

Back when I was growing up in Tennesse, it was ILLEGAL to drive a car barefoot. I think the logic was hitting the brake pedal hard could break your foot... ;-)

Charlie

(who follows that logic in the old wine cooler commercials - if its formal, I wear Socks!)

Reply to
Charlie E.

I "learned to drive" before my feet reached the pedals... my Grandfather Thompson's old Ford pick-em-up truck with a dash throttle ;-) ...Jim Thompson