Ping Robert Lacoste...

hi Robert,

I seem to remember that a while ago you reverse engineered a (I think) Tekprobe interface for a probe you bought but I fail to find the thread.

Do you remember where and when it was and any keyword that would help? (or even better a pointer to :-)

I've got a P6207 probe with a level 2 tekprobe interface and the scope don't have that interface.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

was it this one?

or search > Readout pin on oscilloscope probe <

hth

al

Reply to
mickgeyver

Unfortunately not. I did find that one and it's all about passive probes attenuation factor readout, but the one I remember had infos about active probes gain/offset compensation and serial bus readout that are included in some late tekprobe interface.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

"Fred Bartoli" a écrit dans le message de news:

4b54475f$0$29844$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr...

Hello Fred,

I think you were refering to my small "powerprobe" contribution, but it was for Agilent's probes unfortunately. For those who may be interested it was a small power circuit wich allowed me to use an Autoprobe compatible probe, like the HP1156A, without an Agilent scope. See there :

Friendly yours, Robert Lacoste

Robert Lacoste

d.

Perhaps look at the tektronix site then. I have created a hi-z probe for a dsa-600 which draws power from the scope itself. The available power is +/- 5v & 15v. The offset voltage is DC +/- 1v or 10v depending on the vertical scale. I believe the compensation is software. The readout is smbus. There is a tek made power box for these probes so they may be used on other equipment w/o probe power available. I'm returning to the salt mine tomorrow, so if you need more info I'll gladly check my notes and report back. regards, al

Reply to
mickgeyver

Robert Lacoste a écrit :

Well, that explains why I didn't find anything (was looking for "tek").

--
Thanks,
Fred.