ping Martin Brown

Martin got some of that tape you mentioned:

It is actually possible to write on it:

In dark, Canon A470 on macro:

The light lasts a few hours.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

If it lasts that long, it's probably strontium aluminate. Cool... I'll get some.

I got some. I use it on a hand-held lamp controller so that I can find it in the dark after the lights are out. Nice.

Reply to
John S

Looks like it is the real deal then. Thanks! Impressive how long strontium aluminate lasts. The visible output can be slightly enhanced if the plastic is doped with rubrene or the dayglo yellow whose name escapes me. The 3M version of the glo plastic comes in dayglo yellow.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown