Tritium update

The tritium lights arrived, took some pictures:

The light is taped to a piece of black anti-static foam. It is just a few cm long, see the tape outline for size reference.

Here close up:

That Canon A470 with CCD sensor is a VERY nice camera (super macro setting). the spots you see are reflections from the foam, but... tritium_light_movie_mvi_3243.avi really? It looks like (and this is not camera noise) just speckles of light, probably where the emitted electrons hit the fluorescent layer in irregular places.

Now I am still waiting for the shipload of Thorium for my fast breeder to arrive. Don't worry, I have survived many electric shocks too ;-)

One thing is very strange, and this needs more investigation, I think I can feel the neutrinos with my hands, like a cool breeze coming from these lights (yes I have stocked up).

I did some double checking, and I could still feel it, even with the light screened. Now THERE is something for the aliens..

Fun fun fun.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Jan Panteltje" schreef in bericht news:jaq9nn$kkc$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de...

Maybe you're sensible for that faster-then-light neutrinos?

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

On a sunny day (Sat, 26 Nov 2011 12:11:12 +0100) it happened "petrus bitbyter" wrote in :

Yea, I have always opposed that Einstein dogma. And why should I not be able to detect those neutrinos?

They never believed living beings could detect magnetism, but birds do. Some experiments have shown that the skin can see colors of light, not so strange if you ever felt the sun. It is a very facinating area, plent of opportunites to play.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

places.

arrive.

Here's my key ring:

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Tritium_keys.jpg

That's the larger size tritium keychain gadget, about 4x the size of the tent zipper pull things. If you were lost in a cave in pitch darkness, it might help you crawl around, but it's not enough light for illumination.

Since your body is penetrated by trillions of neutrinos per second already, I doubt you can feel the few extras from a betalight.

John

On a sunny day (Sat, 26 Nov 2011 09:36:38 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

I have bought a military marker too:

Better protection of the glass tube.

I am simply experimenting, what I experience I experience. It is the scientific way, and sure I will double check and double check and again. Very many years ago I wrote in a Usenet group that I experienced flashes of light when using a heavy power drill next to my head, and that in my view it was the EM field generated. These days routinely magnetic impulse stimulation of the brain is used. Somebody read my posts.

Trouble with current education is that people are made so brain dead that the circuits formed in their head by 'accepting' or 'parroting', form a cage, and they cannot leave that cage.

When I was a very very young kid, somebody gave a a gramophone (record player) to play with. This was for 78 rpm records, and it had one of the first magnetic pickups. I had read a book about Edison, and in that book it was described that the signals were recorded as hills and valleys in the grooves. I just could not figure out how that mechanism, that I opened to look at, that only moved sideways, could pick up the sound. Some engineer was at our home, he saw me tinkering, and I told him that I did not understand the system. He told me the grooves moved sideways, not up and down. I did not believe him, and mentioned the book. He gave me a magnifying glass, and in that moment I learned not to trust just anything that was written in books. Funniest thing is that many many years later, when stereo records appeared, these moved both side wards and upwards (2 channels at 90 like this \/ ).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Hi,

Humans can possibly detect magnetism (earth's field) too, with magnetic detectors in their eyes possibly:

In the past they did experiments and people could sometimes detect earth's field but they had no explanation for how it is done, so they said it was not possible.

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

Apparently, humans can detect radiation in their eyes.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Looks just like the little ones that I have on the bedposts, very dim. I think I got 5 of them, various colors, for about that price.

John

bitbyter"

I've heard that astronauts see cosmic ray flashes.

John

bitbyter"

Somewhat less sensitive but skin, too.

Reply to
krw

bitbyter"

Yes, also a blue glow has been reported in criticality accidents-- probably due to Cherenkov radiation in the observers' eyeballs.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

bitbyter"

Check; real. I have seen maybe four during my 73 years on this dustball.

Reply to
Robert Baer

On a sunny day (Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:30:11 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Yes, the price... but for the fun it is worth it. I ordered white because I did not want to think of Obummer, no because I wanted the most light output.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 26 Nov 2011 14:23:48 -0800) it happened Jamie M wrote in :

Thanks :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

bitbyter"

One healthy cosmic ray can pack joules of energy. That would light up a room, or start a fire, if you could convert it to light or heat.

John

I have an assortment, and the green is brightest.

John

When ever something demonstrated can't be explained by big science it is always impossible. Otherwise a lot of big science guys would be out of a job if they actually admitted to not knowing how something works after admitting that it seem to work with out any alternate way to demonstrate it for debunking purposes.

Then there is always that possibility that those coming up with these little discoveries are discouraged into thinking they have something so that their findings can be moved onto other places where credit can be awarded to undeserving science researchers.

Just an observation i've made in life.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

On a sunny day (Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:10:27 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Yes, possible. I based my choice on the idea that white phosphors as in fluorescents would by now be highly optimised, but maybe they use different ones. There is also the eye light curve, for color TV the ratios are red 30, green 59, blue 11 for a total of 100 % white perception. Varying depending on location / hemisphere color standard. So green is perceived by the eye as the brightest by nature. It is right in the middle of visible spectrum. You would have to measure with some light meter if it actually was brighter than the white ones that have all the colors in them.

NoBama NoBama NoBama NoBama NoBama NoBama NoBama NoBama NoBama NoBama NoBama NoBama NoBama NoBama

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:21:30 -0500) it happened Jamie wrote in :

I have this same thing with mathematicians. I always say that it was not a mathematician that invented the wheel, although they do claim PI.

I severely pissed of Joan Baez, who thinks himself a rather famous theoretical physicist, in sci.physics, by stating that 'math' is only a small subset in the human mind.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Why? My eys is the ultimate light meter, and the green is clearly brighter.

John