PING: JosephKK

Hi Joseph,

UPS attempted a delivery of your TDS544A yesterday (Monday) but apparently there was no one there to sign for it. According to the tracking number they will attempt to deliver again.

I don't know if they will attempt a third time, so you might want to make sure someone is there.

Jay

Reply to
JW

apparently

make

Thanks for being watchful. I think i have it handled. I tried to = register=20 with UPS to follow better but it did not work right. Their recipient = side=20 website needs some useful upgrades in usability for the recipient to=20 coordinate delivery. Something simple like a phone number to call.

Reply to
JosephKK

I don't think there's anything I can do to move the delivery to Saturday. It would appear that you must do this. See:

Since they attempted to deliver the package around 2:30PM on both Monday and Tuesday, it might be a good idea to be there today at around the same time or try using the InfoNotice number (which I don't have) to reschedule the delivery.

They will only make one more attempt.

Reply to
JW

What I've done when I can't be there during the day, and a signature is required, just call them and request that the package be held at the depot, for you to pick it up. Around here the depot (at least FedEx) is open 24-7. ...Jim Thompson

apparently

number

make

register=20

side=20

Saturday.

same

reschedule

Package received. Now i get to open it and learn about it.

Reply to
JosephKK

apparently

number

make

register=20

side=20

Saturday.

Monday

same

reschedule

Too bad UPS seems to go out of their way to make these things less=20 than easy to do. I could not find a phone number (their site should=20 make it easy to find). Registering does not work well. The first=20 days stickie must have fallen off from when i restuck it. There are=20 just too many things that can be done much better. Just the same,=20 package received.

Reply to
JosephKK
[...]

*Whew*. Enjoy your scope.
Reply to
JW

It gives some fun so far. I have the "user guide" (all of 8 pages=20 of rough diagrams) but this thing needs a small book. Would someone /=20 you know where to get one?

I think i will get a USB to 488 converter as well.

Reply to
JosephKK

Hi Joseph, here's the 290 page user manual:

That should do you a lot better.

I have a Prologix one that I'm quite happy with.

JW

Oh yes, much better.

I will check it out.

Reply to