PIN photodiode & TIA question

I have an article on my web site that has this, with detailed design steps.

about halfway down.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Hi everybody.

I am going to use S7481 photodiode as high speed photodetector for 100Mbit/s free space optical link. It is high speed photodiode (Cut-off frequency 500MHz) with high sensitivity in visible range

but it has high junction capacitance - 6pF. I have MAX3657 transimpedance amplifier (TIA)
But it optimized for 0.5pF capacitance photodiodes. For 0.5pF MAX3657 has

130MHz signal bandwidth, for 1.5pF bandwidth is 50MHz. It less than 75Mhz, needed for 100Mbit/s. Not only bandwidth decreased, input referred noise level increase also.

Can I loss sensitivity but reach 75Mhz bandwidth on S7481 + MAX3657? Or I need other solution ? What would you recommend ?

-- with best regards Roman

Reply to
Roman D. Sinjuk