PIC10F/12F question

I looked at the datasheet for the PIC10F204/6 to try to find the maximum comparator ouput valid response time when its operation mode has been changed. The datasheet gives this as a quite remarkable 300nS (typical) - the max figure is TBD.

By comparison the comparator in the PIC12F629 is quoted at 10uS (max) - some 33 times longer!

I then noticed that the latest datasheet for the 12F629 on the Microchip website is revisionC and is dated on every page as 2003. Checking for any later updated information on the same website Microchip state that revision C was issued on 04/02/04 - not 2003. The latest issue datasheet is shown as revision G issued in 2006. Only revision C (2003) appears to be available - is revision G secret or available only to the inner sanctum?

I haven't queried Microchip on this as yet but does anyone know a website offering the latest datasheets for the 12F629 and why the

10F204/6 comparator is so fast (comparatively to the 629)?

Regards

Reply to
RHRRC

I would put one on my bench and measure it....

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Er. The data sheet I have for this, says 150nSec typical, 400nSec max. The data sheet on the website says the same...

No. It is fairly common for them to not reissue the data sheet. My company still receives the paper versions, and 'release G', comprises the C data sheet, plus the erratum sheet.

It isn't.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

Have you tried asking on the discussion groups

?

Reply to
Richard Seriani, Sr.

That is the comparator response time.

The datasheet for the 629 gives characteristic Tmc2ccV 'Comparator mode change to output valid ' as 10uSec max (characterised but not tested) from -40C to +125C.

You are lucky - all I can find is along the lines of 'release D: corrections to table xyz 123, section123.4 re-written to include features AB ' and so on with no full detail of exactly what the alterations are!

Concerning the comparator mode change to valid output time: For what it is worth (and that isn't much) a quick (ish) experimentation on a single 10F206 has shown that the comparator can take more than 1uS to produce a valid output from mode change - the time being supply dependant and seemingly much worse on the sample toyed with in a narrow Vdd range between 2.15 and 1.97volts at room temp. Below 1.94 volts down to near drop out voltage and above 2.2V the comparator mode change to output valid time may be less than 2uS. i.e the comparator seems to work well below the minimum specified voltage.

Allowing the 10uS of the 629 datasheet showed no mode change problem at any temp between -20C to +40C over the voltage range of 2.1 to 3.7V with which I am concerned at this time (using 50mV steps).

Until (if ever) Microchip offer a time for this I shall use 10uS. I have no reason to doubt the quoted response time of 300nS typ. When using the internal 600mV reference I have confirmed - in passing- that the response time is better than 1uS at room temp.

regards

Reply to
RHRRC