Photodiode case

Immediately after sending I got a totally blank bounce message with no sender info in there. Some ISPs think that spam protection is that easy, dumping whatever they like. Do you have a better email address?

Yep, that's the going rate these days I believe.

The larger corporations get the larger the number of really bad blunders. They don't even know how miffed some of their good customers became. National is otherwise ok but there are some companies I have on a strict blacklist where there will be guaranteed no design-in of any of their parts in this office.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Not for you as the expert, of course, but for fellow readers who might not yet be familiar with PD bootstrapping:

In cases where this link doesn't work, it is Linear's Design Note 399.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

You can't blame National too much for those two--they stayed around for

20 years or so, unlike the 1988-89 vintage.

I still have about 25 LH0063Cs. I used those and LH4009s back in the day to test sensor back ends--you record the front end outputs for signals of interest, mainly just-missedits and squeakers-under-the-wire, and store them. To test the back ends, you grab hold of some poor op amp's output with an LH0063 and force it to replay the canned data. Works great. Too bad you can't get them anymore.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

They say Vos = 20mV max, what have you found in practice?

Reply to
Winfield Hill

You can get good money for those. I bet National could also turn a nice little profit from them if they brought them back. I mean, they don't have to produce them domestically.

The LH0033 was also good but much harder to cool.

BTW I've got a two-pager "advanced notice" about the LF455/6/7 series from the 1988 databook. Let me know the address if you want it emailed. Interestingly, in the 95 book they are gone. Must have been one of the most short-lived opamps ever.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I've actually never used a BF862, so I ordered some....I have 4 weeks vacation left, so I have to spend it somehow. Between that and investigating copper clad shielding as a function of frequency, I think I have a fun holiday season ahead.

Cheers,

Phil Hobs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I am surprised there is no detailed noise data available for it. For example how the noise develops for audio and below. From a marketeers perspective I don't understand that lack.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

in my small sample of about ten devices : 6 mV max , 3mV more common.

Jure Z.

Reply to
Jure Newsgroups