Personally I do not see any reason why you could not use a decent graphics card as arbitrary wave form generator

On a sunny day (30 Apr 2012 07:42:48 GMT) it happened Jasen Betts wrote in :

card as arbitrary wave form generator.

and 8

I think there are 2 separate issues here. If you write a driver for a video card, and you write it with in mind the idea that it will be used to drive a monitor, then very likely, already in that driver, you will limit the minimum H and V pulse width that user space can set.

The next level up is then the user space program, I use xvidtune myself in X.

So one should really look at the driver code first for any range checks etc, before concluding 'the card cannot do it'.

In the DVB-T case he probably did not need zero sync width? Not sure.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sun, 29 Apr 2012 19:00:41 GMT) it happened snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com (Mark Zenier) wrote in :

Oh yes, I remember Markus. He used to post to sci.crypt and I have some of his 'eavesdropping' papers. I remember discussing PMT tail lag correction in flying spot scanners with him.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

graphics card as arbitrary wave form generator.

modulation

the TV directly.

Chinese shit equipment,

you are in the category

Really. Gosh not having to be locked to a very short list of common = video frequencies seems like a good start. How about how do you get rid of the various sync times? Who knows what other limitations are hard coded into the raster hardware?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk