PDF trick

Maybe this an old trick, but I just stumbled across it by accident:

Instead of using the left mouse key to drag PDF pages up and down, just left-click on any page and then you can use the mouse wheel to scroll through the document.

Interestingly, doing it this way disables the page counter unless you left-click the page, which then updates the counter.

--
JF
Reply to

What version, John? My Adobe Acrobat v7.0.9 can scroll with the mouse wheel but the page counter still works.

...Jim Thompson

I like using the sidways scroll keys, which increment the pages without changing the position on the screen. Nice if you have facing pages displayed on a 2560 x 1600 monitor. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

--
5.0.
Reply to

Hey Rich, That even works on that small font I keep seeing on your posts.:-) I tried to send you the url of a humorous video I thought you might enjoy, but it bounced, oh what the heck, I'll let everyone look. Spiders on drugs.

Mike

Reply to
amdx

It doesn't disable it but depends on if you have the hand tool or the cursor tool selected. The current page is either from the cursor if the cursor(select) tool is enabled else its the current viewed page if its the hand tool.

One quirk of acrobat(at least on mine) is that if you have selected the magnifying glass then select the hand and click the page you will zoom in ;/ This can be quite annoying cause I tend to use the hand to scroll the pages and sometimes click instead of drag(not sure why I do this instead of using the mouse wheel but I do).

Reply to
Jon Slaughter