Re: PDF trick

One quirk of acrobat(at least on mine) is that if you have selected the

> magnifying glass then select the hand and click the page you will zoom in

;/

This can be quite annoying cause I tend to use the hand to scroll the

pages

and sometimes click instead of drag(not sure why I do this instead of

using

the mouse wheel but I do).

Some pages appear to have a context option where the text zooms to fill the screen with that paragraph, then pages down, when clicked. The mouse cursor is the hand with a wedge arrow on it, IIRC.

It's really annoying, partly because the page window doesn't appear to be focused automatically (i.e. key inputs are directed to the focused area), so you have to select it, either by hitting TAB a few times (uncertainty --> inconvienient) or by clicking the page. It also doesn't seem to save focus, at least with Acrobat 6 and Firefox under 98SE. I recall my laptop, equipped with XP, IE and Acrobat 5, retains focus on the page after ALT+TABing to other things.

Tim

Tim Williams