PCB assembly -- both SMD and Leaded

I'm debating whether to have a simple board built for me (screaming circuit s etc) and I already have a bunch of leaded parts (IC sockets especially). Do these places have an issue with mixing smd and leaded? -- or -- would I be better off just to supply all parts leaded (even resistors) because I co uld do that as well.

I mean with resistors for example, I could change all my leaded ones to SMD but would they even care?

It's really not a complex board. Components one side. -thanks

Reply to
mkr5000

Mixing PTH and SMD gets real expensive, quick. It also costs board space. You need keepouts around the PTH components, so they take a lot more space, too. It's better to switch to all SMD, if you can (PTH capacitors are sometimes better and PTH connectors are often needed).

Reply to
krw

I'll second that. Best to switch to all SMT or at least as much as possible. Else it gets expensive.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

If it's UK and small batch, we don't charge any more...

TTman

Screaming Circuits is way expensive -- I can build a circuit board, at my rates, for about the same prices as Screaming Circuits, and I don't waste time or money with trying to kit things up or getting file formats whipped into a shape that they like.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I'm looking for work -- see my website!