PC Mystery Sound Solved

For long time (perhaps years) I haven't been able to figure out why I hear a random burst of noise from my audio PC system..

I finally found out why..

It's that stupid animated dog that shows up when using windows xp file search.. The dog scratches itself and that makes a noise. I never noticed. Clicking on the dog makes the scratching sounds too.

I thought my computer had bugs or my PC was getting blasted by EMI.

Arrrrrghhhhh!!! :(

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

So why do you keep File Search open all the time? :-?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

In case I need to search again.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Then kill the dog:

it feels much better without it ;-)

Reply to
OBones

I wondered about a similar mystery noise - turned out to be my mobile phone contacting the local base for some reason or other. Must pump out quite a field to get into the PC/speaker electronics.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Put a flea collar on that thing!

"

Reply to
Jamie

I know..The XP dog has fleas..

Yeah...In dead silence, I'd be reading some datasheets and all of a sudden I'd hear 'shhhhssst shhhhssst'... wtf!!?

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

..but.. it *did* have bugs...more accurately, !fleas! .

Reply to
Robert Baer

Freakn noisey XP dog scratchn with fleas.. geezzz

For years! I'd be doing some reading ...'fsssst fsssht'.. One time I was audio recording....'fssstt fsssshtt'.. During a quiet part in a movie ...'fssshtt fssshht'..

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

I hear that, too, from time to time. But it's a real dog under my desk. Sometimes two, big ones :-)

Never had one in Windows though but I always "debulk" computers when I get a new one, plus switch to classic view without those bonbon color buttons.

OTOH, be glad that it ain't a cat. If my PC would go meouw I'd have a real problem in here.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

The dog can do tricks. As can the wizard. :-)

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Hell, i have heard and recognized cell phone hash for so long that i have nearly forgotten about it.

Reply to
JosephKK

Garbage irritants like that and others still wonder why try linux.

Reply to
JosephKK