pc motherboard grounds

I remember Win Hill quoting one of his techs, "when in doubt, use 100k and

0.01uF."

Win said he agreed.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Right. Most EE textbooks show circuits without values. Amateurs can get upset about that; they want to Spice it without having to think about it. They want assurance. Design is about wallowing in uncertainty and possibility.

I've thought a lot about this circuit topology issue. There's some enormous number of circuits that can be assembled from some small handfull of parts, most of which are nonsense. For some stated problem, where does the right circuit come from out of, say, 1e40 possibilities? Inventing a new circuit is only partially a conscious process; something else is going on.

Maybe 2% of the circuits that I sketch ever get to a PCB layout. I devastate trees worth of grid pads with circuit scribbles. That's part of the process. It upsets some people when scribble-level thinking is done, especially in public, like on a whiteboard or a newsgroup. I think it's fun. Some people, most people, are too rigid to play with ideas.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

It=20

But the point is the topology is not a circuit. Not whether it can be described. Topologies are not all that interesting to me unless they do something that i haven't seen before. Phil Hobbs posts circuits when he can but, like JT, Jeorg, KRW and others here cannot always do so.

I will post something when i have something to post. I have before, just not much. And never just a topology.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk