PC Metalwork

Anyone know what that metal panel at the back of the PC is that has cutouts for the I/O stuff? We are trying to make a unique case and would like to buy in those bits rather than have them made up specially at significant cost.

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I think those cut-outs come with the mother board. They are made so the I/O of the motherboard will fit. The entire slot is specificed by the motherboard standard.

Here is a list of Motherboard manufacturers;

Leroy

Dirk Bruere at Ne> Anyone know what that metal panel at the back of the PC is that has

Reply to
www.interfacebus.com

It's know as the ATX "I/O shield". Try google. Here is a quick hit I got by searching on 'ATX + "I/O shield"':

  Keith
Reply to
Keith

If it's just a flat panel you want, you should be able to have that punched out at a reasonable price. Just find a supplier who has the dies already or who uses laser cutting.

For just a few, cannibalize cheap cases from a wholesaler.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

So, you want to buy the bits everyone else uses and build something unique?

What was that stuff about the party for the new millenium?

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Perhaps you would like to come up with a new ideology that nobody has ever thought of before. I won't hold my breath you useless dick. BTW, The Consensus is doing fine.

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Thanks for the help guys. I've got a handle on it now.

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I notice you haven't... but, if it agrees with itself you're one up on the other parties.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

That's the point. Virtually every political idea is *old*. The only truly new one (ie within the past century) is Transhumanism and even that was presaged by eugenics and alchemy.

FFF Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

So, it isn't *truly* new, and it has bad press from history.

FFS DNA

Reply to
Genome