PC ATX supply use and loading

mah, it's on wikipedia, so not so secret...

I've told you what I've read on wikipedia, don't know more than that...

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

It's discussed in paragraph 3.2.2 of the document I cited. The regulator operates to keep the voltage at 3.3V on the sense line, but that's only going to work if the sense line is connected to the 3.3V supply line.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

That one's no good, try another.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

the larger ones have external shunts so you could substitute a different resistor, The 10A one has the shunt exposed on the back, so it could be modded fairly easily too.

you'd have to live with the decimal point being in the wrong place, but I think it's fixed on the ammeter part so that could be cured with a little black tape.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

Incorrect; it works just fine in a PC.

Reply to
Robert Baer

It seems to be no good in your application.

I've never had any problem running known good PSUs with no or light loads, but probably not that exact model.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to