Patents

I would certainly not build outside the US until you're ready for real volume production. You don't want to give your competition too much time to get ahead of you.

IANAL but probably the same way you sign any other contract online. I've signed contracts for homes online, so it's not a bid deal anymore. If you don't like online, use fax and follow up with FedEx but this is one area a lawyer is probably a good idea. If it all explodes, you can at least sue him. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Built into Adobe Acrobat and other PDF viewers/editors:

-- Jeff Liebermann snipped-for-privacy@cruzio.com

150 Felker St #D
Santa Cruz CA 95060
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

No, there are electrodes the manual mentions that might need to be cleaned if it stops working.

Everything I have seen alludes to them using current derived from deionizin g the water. And looking at it, and the cost that wass below low, it cannot be very complex.

I think it uses electrodes like in a car battery and when the acid is all u sed up you change it rather than charge it. It is not the same thing, but y ou do have to change the water in it form time to time. I forgot what they exactly said but it was like six months or a year.

It is only running an LCD clock, no alarm no nothing.

But really the thing is, if you can get a microwatt you can get a milliwatt and if you can get a milliwatt you can get a watt. Who knows, maybe one da y we can throw out electordes in the lake and charge our electric car.

Reply to
jurb6006

If i may ... pfffft...!

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

As an engineer, looking at the protection that the copyright system provides to songwriters and performers, vs the protection patents provide me, I feel something is very wrong.

makolber

Aren't individual songwriters and artists in the same boat? What gives them "protection" is an industry that fiercely defends the industry's ability to exploit artists.

Reply to
mike

In medieval times knowledge and techniques were hoarded and were not widely available, to society's detriment.

Patents were developed to enable knowledge to be *shared* and therefore more widely available, with the originator being given monetary reward for doing that.

That is a very different motivation than copyright, so it is unsurprising that the protection is different.

As one example of the difference, one reason for getting a patent is so that nobody else can *stop* you doing what you have invented. That's why big companies periodically enter agreements over portfolios of many many patents.

Reply to
Tom Gardner