Impedance 50 ohm

I am reading an avionics book this period. My question is why the signal generators and receivers have a standard impedance of 50 ohm. Thank you

Reply to
foryou1911

** Use Google - you boring twit.

" why 50 ohms" will got you lots of info.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Ignore Phil, he has some anger issues to work out.

Reply to
David

He may but he is correct this time. The OP could have found info very easily.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Because 50 ohm coax has the best power transfer characteristics.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

[snip...snip...]

Thanks for the summary. I've had PA in my killfile for ages and kinda miss reading the big lunk's opinions, in a strange, perverted way (much like, well, let's not go there). Actually amusing when they're collected together like that.

Thinking about it, a "Best of PA" would make a dandy cookie file, wouldn't it? Hmmm... where'd I leave my google...

Reply to
Rich Webb

"amdx"

** How does taking lines out of NG posts with no context prove anything ??

Of course, it doesn't.

You a must be a congenital moron to think it does.

An " AM band DXer " is just about right.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It would be interesting to see his archive after it want through a filter to remove his favorite words and phrases. It might be a whole 20 KB file.