HP8720ES connectors

What kind of connector is PortA & B on a HP8720ES?

Reply to
sdy

I assume you mean the the ports on the front 1/2

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

N-connectors on a 20GHz instrument? Not likely. It looks like they are APC-3.5 connectors.

What's wrong with the OP, anyway? Can't use search engines?

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen

There is no port A or port B. It's port 1 and port 2.

From the data sheets at: Front panel connectors Connector type 8719/20ET, 8719/20ES: 3.5 mm precision Ask for a "3.5 mm precision" RF connector.

More: A wide range of accessories support the Agilent 8720E family of network analyzers, including calibration kits, verification kits, cables, and adapters in 7 mm, 3.5 mm, 7-16, Type-N, and 2.4 mm coax and in the standard waveguide bands. The standards used in the 3.5 mm, Type-N, and 2.4 mm calibration and verification kits use precision slotless connectors (PSC-3.5, PSC-N, and PSC-2.4).

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Oops. That's what the data sheet says, but that's not what's in the photos. It's a "7 mm precision" RF conector.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

I did.

Reply to
sdy

Of course, I meant port 1&2, duh. I did use do a search, still wanted to ask. I couldn't tell if they looked like APC-3.5. It's been a couple years, but do I remember 3.5mm barrels threading into the instrument? I can't remember what adapter I used to get to an SMA cable.

Reply to
sdy