Participate in the 2005 Leap Second

Oh sh*t, now you went a did it.

I won't be able to drink a single glass of bubbly until I hear the world is still in one piece. And that will be days !!

:-)

donald

Reply to
Donald

Bwahahaha! Just noticed that my SocketWatch tray icon has a plus sign showing today.

...Jim Thompson

"Winners never quit, quitters never win", Jack Bradley Budnik ~1956

Due to variations in the earths orbit, scientists have determined the need this year for a leap second. On the last second of the year, people need to leap into the air. This will help correct the earth's orbit. The timing is important because at midnight new year eve people are on the far side of the earth from the sun and on new year's eve the earth is near aphelion or it closest point to sun in it's orbit. People should not worry about causing tsunamis or earthquakes. Scientist assure us, that is just a myth.

Happy New Year!

Reply to
PaulCsouls

Oops. Aphelion is the earth's furtherest point from the sun and occurs in July. Perihelion is the earth's closest point to the sun. Please don't leap in July.

Reply to
PaulCsouls

I am sorry; i *CANNOT* leap that far...maybe as far as ten nanoseconds.

Reply to
Robert Baer