PAL & PROM Programming Service

Shop's PAL and PROM programmer went belly up over the weekend; need some devices programmed for urgent system delivery. There used to be a shop (Programmable Devices) in Woburn, MA, that programmed devices for cash. Don't know if they're still in business, but, will check first thing tomorrow. Anyone know of any other service bureaus in Boston, MA area that do this for a living?

Tried getting rental machine; only one I found was an older Data I/O programmer.... that won't do PLCC package devices.

W Letendre

Reply to
W Letendre

Dunno if it'll solve your problem but Digi-Key and Mouser both carry B&K programmers, which (in my limited experience) are good value for the money. You could probably call now and get one in tomorrow.

May also be worth a drive to Active Electronics; they had programmers for sale and may even program a device or two. IIRC it's in Burlington but it's been about 15 years and I'm not even sure where Burlington is. At any rate it was a bit south on 495 from the intersection with that other freeway when you're going from Worcester to Harvard town (_not_ Harvard U, although they are equally tony).

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Hello W Letendre,

If Tim's suggestions don't pan out quickly enough give Arrow a call and ask for "Programming Services". You might have to buy the devices via Arrow but if time is of the essence that should be no problem. They are pretty helpful, at least our local office in Roseville, CA is.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg