Pads Layout Gerbers / NC Drill

Has anyone used Pads layout to produce gerber files before? I've got it to the stage where most of the layers in my design are looking good when imported into GC Prevue. But i can't get the NC Drill layer to come out to scale. For the other layers i had to go into advanced options and select metric over english. But the NC drill layer is always out of scale, if i select english it comes out too small and if i select metric it comes out far too big. Any ideas anyone?

I'm bound to just be missing a setting but i can't find it.

Thanks

Andrew

Reply to
a.gatt

You have to find where you set the number of digits. You'll see something like 2.3 for example, which means the drill tape will have two digits before the decimal point and three after. If your gerber viewer is looking for 3.2 it will interpret 02.500 as 025.00 for example making your drill tape 10 times too big.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Thanks for the reply, however i'm still confused. Other NC drill layers (created by other people) i import seem to have this information embedded in the file and GC Prevue happily displays it to scale. The NC drill layer i produce never seems to have the settings right (i have 3 leading and 5 trailing). Even when i manually configure GC Prevue to have the 3 and 5 it doesn't come out right. It does also ask for another setting - Embedded drill table units - which i don't know what i should set it to. Any ideas?

Andrew

Reply to
a.gatt

Actually i've just found a setting which has solved things - in the device setup for the drill i choose EIA-244 instead of ASCII and the layer imported to scale.

Thanks

Andrew

Reply to
a.gatt