Mentor Graphics free browser asks for licence..?

I am totally puzzled..

I need to verify some 3rd party PCB layout, using the free browser, as can be downloaded at:

During installing it asks for a licence file that I obviously do not have.

Rather than calling the helpdesk all the way from Holland - can anybody tell me what I missed?

TIA!

Reply to
Blarp

Like many large software packages, you will need to ask for a free license file. Which will only be good for 30 days. Which will be loaded with hound-ware, so every time you open the program is will ask if you have a full license file available, yet.

Is truly free! ( but they do remind you to purchase a full version )

don

Reply to
don

don

I also use GC-Prevue, great software. However, it only allows the study of Gerber files. It does not support the native raw output formats of CAD software, you have to first run things through the CAM processor to get Gerbers.

A real pain with GC-Preview and others is the lack of a transparent mode. When checking third party layouts I have to hide/unhide layers all the time until my wrist hurts. The only viewer with transparent view I found is the one from the gEDA group under Linux. But in transparent-mode it's very slow.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I had used GC-Preview, but it would want you to update the software when a new version was out. Switched to Lavenir (Pentalogic) Viewmate, less annoying.

Martin Riddle

Thanks for all answers. I know and use GCPrevue. But it is not the right tool for the reviewing I need to do. (checking nets etc.)

I did a "free browser" install once, long ago, on a different computer, and on *that* computer the new browser will work - appearently the old install left a licence file or environmental variable somewhere.

I guess I need to place some calls..

Reply to
Blarp