Our energy problems are all solved...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Only Obama can prevent excessive tonsillectomies

Well, I don't fancy tens (hundreds?) of Watts of 10MHz radiation passing through me. And I don't even have a pacemaker.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

British science journalists don't know much science.

Tesla went broke promoting much the same idea nearly a century ago, There are some well-known technical problem involved in implementing this approach.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

The energy comes from somewhere, and this hare-brained scheme only wastes a goodly amount of it for the "transfer". Since there is a load, "resonance" is not an option - at least in the sense they are trying to imply. And "NO" interaction with other things? Bull!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Tesla must be spinning in his grave. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

...maybe they want to harvest the resulting energy??

Reply to
Robert Baer

nly

in the

Rich > Tesla must be spinning in his grave. ;-)

Robert > ...maybe they want to harvest the resulting energy??

Jim, I detected a note of sarcasm in your short comments.

About as smart as a doorless microwave oven, right?

Is long term exposure to strong modulated magnetic fields really safe for people?

Wouldn't there be known problems at levels much lower than it would take for a smooth DC magnetic field to migrate the iron in your blood to one side toward one side of the body?

Would you want the iron compounds in your body to all be doing a 10 MHz magnetic "dance"?

Day in, day out, long term?

I noticed that for the garage he mentioned driving the car over a mat on the floor. Despite all of their talk about eliminating wires, it would STILL need heavy copper wire to that mat on the floor. (Net use of copper went UP, not down.)

Reply to
Greegor

Dunno - has anyone ever survived an MRI?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Ah, but that's one time, like dental x-rays. Lots of people survive those.

Tim

Tim Williams

G > Is long term exposure to strong modulated G > magnetic fields really safe for people?

Are you feeling gaussy?

Reply to
Greegor

Well the existing data from people that live near high power transmission lines is that they have very slightly less disease than the relevant comparison groups. Not statistically significant.

Reply to
JosephKK

only

t in the

Yeah, that's why New York closed its subways, enormous drive currents with sharp switching transients causing all sorts of...

Wait, wrong alternative Universe.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8er

And strawberries seem to do very well under them.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Electromagnetic radiation is not a statistically significant source of cancer or other health effect ... yet.

Reply to
Ben Bradley

Rich > And strawberries seem to do very well under them.

I am not a strawberry.

Transmission lines are not maximized for magnetic flux and are not 10 MHz.

Reply to
Greegor

AFAIK, it's a significant factor in skin cancer, albeit at somewhat shorter wavelengths (UV rather than RF).

Reply to
Nobody

Darn it, you're right, and there are even commonly used man-made sources of it - tanning beds.

Reply to
Ben Bradley