OT: Yee! Haa!

It'll also be fun in California where some cities have openly declared not to comply with federal law when it comes to illegal immigration and actually to go as far as hide people who broke the law. If anyone of us did that we'd be in jail.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Are you saying that you lie to your employer? I'm SHOCKED. Shocked, I tell you!

If you have nothing to hide, don't hide it. It just makes you look like you do.

Let the swamp draining commence!

Reply to
krw

That presumes that it was educated.

Reply to
krw

Assange has said that the leaks came from a DNC insider. In nay case, it's interesting that the Demonrats are more concerned about the leaks than they are about the truth. The lefties loved Snowden. Can you say "hypocrites"? OTOH, it's all just a shit storm to cover the DNC's ass for forcing a *terrible* candidate down the throats of the American people. ...and to preemptively hurt the Trump Presidency. The latter isn't going to work. He's too good at going around the MSM. Better than Reagan, and that's going some.

Reply to
krw

As will the ramifications of things like this...

N.B. the "Torygraph" is usually reckoned to be a right-wing paper. It is owned by the "reclusive" Barclay twins, of whom there are /very/ few photographs.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

True.

Will Trump go to prison if he continues these kind of "self-interested" activities?

I can hear the knives being sharpened.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Did he violate some law? Is a political campaign not allowed to pay for transportation and lodging associated with campaigning? When I use my car for a business trip, my company pays the cost. Will I go to prison for that?

This is all pocket change compared to the many and real Clinton Foundation corruptions.

lunatic fringe electronics

Yeah, that was our Conservative party - they often use US Republican advisors. As you pointed out they also shut down a number of scientific paper data storage centers before the data could be electronically scanned. Said the data was more than ten years old and thus worthless. The data was about the fisheries on the east coast of Canada. Of course nothing ever happens there...and who cares about historical trends if you are a conservative? There are no facts after all!

The federal Liberals reinstated the long census form and are more supportive of data storage by scientists. They are a bit over the top on climate change, but generally have my approval for how they run things here.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Look up the history of Denmark and how they treated their Jewish population during WWII some time, eh? They saved over 99% of the Danish Jews and managed to get them to Sweden. Compare that with other countries in Europe.

The Danes could have been shot for protecting people they considered their friends and neighbours. They were breaking the law that required them to turn in Jews...

Is that what you propose?

John

Reply to
John Robertson

DT will economically hurt Californica so harshly that the public will rise up and remove Moonbeam ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I see you didn't even skim the article.

Note that the article I referenced refers to Trump's recent /actions/ and their possible /future/ consequences /after/ he becomes president.

I have no knowledge of Clinton and therefore won't comment on that.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

They were not breaking Danish law. They were refusing to adhere to an unjust rule by an occupying force which is their right as an illegally occupied people.

The US is not an occupied country but a free country. We have laws. AFAIK those law say that if someone crosses our borders illegally it is a misdemeanor for the first offense. After that person gets caught and is deported the next illegal crossing into the US by the same person is a felony.

Nonsense.

Do you know what aiding and abetting a felony is?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Leftists/liberals have selective memory... only those laws they like are legitimate, all others are racist/misogynist/anti-gay/anti-Muslim, etc. ...Jim Thompson

300 Million Americans don't read NYT, WaPo, Huffington Post, CNN,
USA Today, Time, NewsWeek, or any other left-wing propaganda
machine, and don't give a flying @#$% what their or their reader's
opinions are. Likewise the leftist Hollywood "Star" parrots.

He's not President yet. Are you a fortune teller, that can predict future crimes?

If you have no knowledge of US politics, you might consider unbunching your panties and sticking to electronics.

lunatic fringe electronics

Or, perish the thought, stop doing crap like rigging their own primary! Then they won't get embarrassed by their own gullibility.

Reply to
Bill Martin

aucrat

I've got a clue that 'the hack attempt' doesn't mean 'all hack attempts', a nd because I can read the signs, I only get lost if the signs are convincing f akes. That'll fool you before it does me.

Reply to
whit3rd

Isn't "reading the tea" leaves what most of the postings on s.e.d. have been recently?

That principle could beneficially be applied to many of the postings on s.e.d., particularly those w.r.t. health care systems!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

? also seems just a

It

For Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson, it would be an education camp. Like John Larkin at Tulane, Jim Thompson at MIT learned what he thought wou ld make him money, and paid no attention to anything else.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That doesn't involve selective memory - more a willingness to disobey illegal and immoral orders. The sort of thing the Nuremberg trials expected the people they tried and convicted to have done.

Jim points out that "300 Million Americans don't read". He lists a number of specific publications that they don't read, but 6.25% functional literacy pretty much fits what we see posted here.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

"

John Larkin is gullible enough to fall for the Republican pre-election prop aganda which claimed Hillary Clinton could have been prosecuted. Ken Starr couldn't manage it but the 2016 version of the Swift Boat People thought it was possible, right up to the election ...

Perhaps, but you'd only buy the book that told you about what you would hav e liked to have happened. This is a post-truth world, and you are just the kind of audience who wants their "truth" served up just the way they like i t, and free from gritty and inconvenient facts.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to