OT: Web editor that works inside Firefox, or behaves like a browser?

JeffM wrote:

Forgot the link:

*-screwed-these-*-up+*-*-broken-links-everywhere+Large-sections-*-*-disappeared+mutual+mutual+*-didn't-support-*-proprietary-*-*-*-*-*+only-includes-Netscape-*+mutual+table-layout-images-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+it.did.not+*-*-*-*-incorrect-content-type-header#comment-60184

Reply to
JeffM

On a sunny day (Sat, 16 Aug 2008 00:31:36 -0700 (PDT)) it happened JeffM wrote in :

But perhaps also for political reasons? ;-)

Neither do I give shit what 'validator' says. Sure, 'validator', being an incarnation of its own pedantism, is right by its own definition. I read my log files, usually spot a problem (outdated links give a 404), I avoid frames and other stuff, write the html with a text editor, and if you cannot read the site because you use MS crap software, so be it, it is about Linux. If Firefox and Mozilla, and even Opera, display my site correctly,. that is enough for me. My programs are backed up on ftp://sunsite.unc.edu so can always be found.

There is no guarantee for ANYTHING when we move to IPV6 most DSL router will need updating I think.

The insanity of having to do a security update on your browser almost daily these days, would force one to always have the last version. But I really do not think everybody does that.

The internet is constantly changing, I will fix things once they stop working for ME. I am with Joerg on this one, just test in a few browsers, if OK, then it is good enough.

There are other - much more complicated - issues too, how about 1440x900 web pages, if I go to

they only use the left part of my screen. How many have wide screen, should I use the full width?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

for ME.

good enough.

pages,

The ones that really irk me are the ones that are always 10 percent wider than any screen you can give them. I have a 24 inch widescreen (1920 by 1280) and they still need 10 percent more.

Reply to
JosephKK

On a sunny day (Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:44:29 -0700) it happened JosephKK wrote in :

Do you have an example link? The horizontal scroll bar may also appear if you use a bigger then normal text size (ctrl + and crtl - in Firefox).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Reply to
JosephKK

I will post next time i find one. Oops on the blank.

Reply to
JosephKK