OT: weatheraction 100 year Forecast

And this is from a guy who consistently outperforms the UK's Met Office forecasts.

"WA News No 49 - 29th July 2009

WeatherAction summer forecast success reported on BBCTV 29th July as floods & tornadoes confirm Piers Corbyn's forecast detail and Met Office admits failure

- "It's not a question of technology but application of Physics" says Piers

- "You say you want us to publish more about our Solar Weather Technique but you (The Met Office) and Governments will not welcome that because it will pull the rug from under your belief in Man-made Global Warming. The World is now cooling and we can explain why."

Piers Corbyn, astrophysicist of WeatherAction was interviewed on BBC News 24 at 12.30 on 29th July with brolly in hand showing his summer forecast was working while the Met Office admitted to viewers that theirs had failed. [NOTE BBC have NOT so far issued a video link of this enjoyable piece of television, we urge viewers to put in requests] .......... "

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Total bollocks. He is a well known fraud and self publicist that gets his trash into the Red Tops and his credulous fans only ever remember when he gets it right - which is seldom. You realy should learn the difference between pseudoscientific gobbledegook and real science.

Corbyn is the quack doctor of weather forecasting with a record of many totally wrong forecasts to his discredit. A standing joke in the meteorological community. Shame on you that you cannot see this.

He drools on about application of physics but achieves worse results than conventional forecasters. On the rare occasions when he actually gets something right he trumpets it from the rooftops.

If he bets against the Met Office 2:1 prediction of a BBQ summer he had a better 30% statistical chance of being right. We would not have heard anything from him at all if as is usual his "prediction" was wrong.

Eeyore once again demonstrates his credulous nature.

WeatherAction are a bunch of con artists. They are very good at getting headlines in the press though. I will give you that. It says a lot about the lousy standard of scientific understanding in journalism too.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown