OT - Times online - choice quote

Gorgeous George may be a hate figure but he is undoubtedly the best speaker in the House that he so rarely chooses to attend. By the time he was called, the US had already taken a beating. America the Beautiful had become America the Flawed. But, with Gorgeous, it was traduced to America the Ugly. She was the Wicked Witch of the West and, just to make sure we got the point, he dressed her in an orange jumpsuit and manacles. He said you could not separate US justice from Guantanamo, cages in the tropics, and people being forcibly drugged.

Can?t you? But Mr Galloway did not tarry over details. ?We all want a special relationship with the United States,? he teased, as MPs listened raptly despite themselves. ?All we want is a special relationship that doesn?t resemble that between Ms Lewinsky and a former US President: unequal, disreputable, with the junior partner always on their knees.?

Reply to
richard mullens

the House that he so rarely chooses to attend. By

Beautiful had become America the Flawed. But, with

West and, just to make sure we got the point, he

US justice from Guantanamo, cages in the tropics,

relationship with the United States,? he teased,

relationship that doesn?t resemble that between Ms Lewinsky

always on their knees.?

Richard: So why are YOU still on your knees? AFAICS you've ALWAYS been on your knees.

...Jim Thompson

the House that he so rarely chooses to attend. By

Beautiful had become America the Flawed. But, with

West and, just to make sure we got the point, he

US justice from Guantanamo, cages in the tropics,

relationship with the United States,? he teased,

relationship that doesn?t resemble that between Ms Lewinsky

always on their knees.?

Jim: I can't out troll you I know, but I thought you'd appreciate somethimg graphic ;-)

Reply to
richard mullens

the House that he so rarely chooses to attend. By

Beautiful had become America the Flawed. But, with

West and, just to make sure we got the point, he

US justice from Guantanamo, cages in the tropics,

relationship with the United States,? he teased,

relationship that doesn?t resemble that between Ms Lewinsky

always on their knees.?

Serious answer:- I guess it is that our politicians like nothing more than to get a chance to fawn at the feet of yours and thereby raise their feelings of self importance.

So yes I agree.

Reply to
richard mullens

richard mullens