OT: The land is sinking

I still like Northstar, despite the glitz. It has huge long open runs, sort of like Snowmass. They carve some fun features, too.

We used to rent a big house at Northstar for maybe $400 a night, with a hot tub and some lift tickets included. Pack 8 or 10 people into that, and it's a real blast. Then we got a little cabin in Truckee, used by friends/family/employees, which is better. It's great up there in the summer, too.

Been to Aspen? It's worth doing once. At Aspen Highlands you can ski over 4000' vertical at once. I used to ski Aspen when lift tickets were $8 and a bunk in a dorm, with breakfast, was $11.

I do half knee bends, on the theory that that's the ski position, and deep ones can be bad for your knees. I do 100 reps a few times a day. We have a lot of stairways around here, so I try to do a stairway hike a few times a week.

Electronics is fun, but it involves too much sitting. That's bad for your mind and body.

Hey, I was cruising through AoE3 and found table 8.1a, a big list of low-noise transistors. The range of Rbb' (series base resistance) is amazing, from 760 ohms down to 1.24. I like the BCX70, but it has the

760 ohms, which makes gobs of Johnson noise.

I've got to find or make some Spice models for the good ones down at the end of the list. The last NPN, ZTX851, has 0.18 nV/rthz noise!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

This aquifer depletion related subsidence is permanent, there will be no

"Right now, Dublin's water restrictions forbid the filling of any empty swimming pools. The city is hoping the weather will change by the time they open their new water park in two years."

I spent three weeks of February in Plano. It's pretty well all new construction, so it doesn't have much character yet. There are also too many "gated communities". Apart from that, it's not a bad place at all.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

ey, CA

l be no

With

ally 30%

lable to

booked

ne dry

, so the

eek in

One of my complaints was that I had to walk in the street because they wou ld turn the sprinklers on and water the sidewalk every morning. They had to keep this 2 foot wide section of grass between the street and the sidewalk green. I was of the opinion that Californians hate California. I liked hik ing through all that brown grassland watching the raptors. Californians on the other hand were watering everything and planting palm trees. "We have a Mediterranean climate!" Commercials about happy cows in green pastures. Wh ere are these green pastures? Californians need to learn to love brown, tan and beige or leave.

ty swimming pools. The city is hoping the weather will change by the time t hey open their new water park in two years."

Look at the dump: non-native and water intensive landscaping to the max, an d an unbelievable amount of super high carbon footprint concrete and steel road construction to support future growth (= real estate developer profi ts). Give some morons a little bit of money and you end up with Duh-blin.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

--
You're a liar. Mockery resides in setting oneself up as an authority
and then glibly rejecting others' actions as something one wouldn't

Or Bloggs.

Reply to
krw

He won't say where he lives or what he does.

Both must be wonderful, since he trashes everything else.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

e:

Presumably he doesn't feel the need to boast about either.

Fred Bloggs is fairly selective about what he trashes. John Larkin's narcis sism means that whenever Fred is rude about something John favours, John ex periences it as an attack on his entire universe, but more objective observ ers see rather more directed comment.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to