OT: Thanks!

I was doing better before they changed me from Glipzide to insulin shots, but the VA doctor won't listen. They just keep telling me how much easier and simpler it is to give myself shots, than to take a couple tablets that I could carry with me. They prescribed two shots of five units, but that didn't work. I was up to two shots of 50 units, twice a day before I started to get results.

I have to argue with the doctor, and send e-mail to have a record of what prescriptions she doesn't bother to renew. For instance, they over prescribe the syringes and test strips. Then they don't prescribe enough insulin, or the lancets. I have requested some refills for other medication that weren't filled for over 120 days. I can't sleep due to pain, but I'm told that the Gabapentin is already a high dosage. It only affects diabetic neuropathy, and I am at the low end of the scale for all the good it does.

I had to file a written complaint last year, against my VA doctor, and the VA to get a referral to the VA hospital wound clinic. I had to get into a shouting match with my doctor to get my handicapped parking reinstated, even after three different nurses had argued with her that I can barely walk. I had a woman start to back out of a parking space without looking. I had to slam the back of her car with my cane to keep from being run over, yet she had refused. The biggest problem is that I have lost so much upper body strength that I constantly drop tools and other things. Jobs that used to take five minutes can take all day, now. So, I have to at least scale back.

The last time I was on Usenet was August 23.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I too recommend PDFCreator - been using it for years until Windows 10: it seems MS has abandoned the useless 'XPS' printer and provided a native PDF printer instead.

Last time I tried Foxit there was all sorts of nagware and other 'actively deny' installations associated, although this latest download looks clean...

--
Cheers,
Chris.

+1
Reply to
pedro

Geesh, that sucks. A friend spent 20 years in the Navy and gets his medical care from the VA, he likes it mostly, but he's younger than me and not sick. Do you have anyone who can be an advocate, wife, sibling, friend...?

Re: losing your hands, motor control, do things. I'm a hands man myself. I don't know how I'd deal with the loss.

I'm reminded of my first project at teachspin. (this is a sad story) A dear old professor, had been working on optical pumping (OP) for a few years, he had polio when he was young and through the years lost lower and then upper body strength. He'd lived in a wheel chair for years. The apparatus was out at his house. For my first ~6 months on the job, I was spending

1/2 my time with him out at his house, and half at work. Taking over various pieces of the apparatus. But he couldn't do very much when I wasn't there. Eventually I told my boss, that I had to take over the project, and bring it to work. It broke the dear old professor's heart. Well not that bad, he was an old guy who had had his heart broken before. And still, it was his last heartbreak. sigh, George H.
Reply to
George Herold

Call Senator McCain's office... he's looking to hang VA administrators. ...Jim Thompson

+1 on PDFCreator. For viewing, I like PDFXChange. It'll keep 50 PDFs open in tabs (wish it would do more).

I didn't like the rendering as well.

Reply to
krw

You might have to upgrade to W7pro, before it will cooperate.

RL

Reply to
legg

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 22:19:51 -0400, legg Gave us:

Licenses are NOT transferrable with a hardware sale, and that is regardless of the sticker still being there.

Win 7 Pro is about $135 per seat still.

Install the 32 bit version if you want to retain FOOL 32 bit cooperation.

You can also boot with F8 and select the ignore driver signing mode to get it in.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It is Win7Pro. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I use it too, but beware of the PDFCreator bundled malware:

I always install from an older version 1.2.3 and turn off updates.

(I posted this last time it was mentioned I think but it bears repetion)

--

John Devereux
Reply to

I take it back, did a Malwarebytes scan and it found 'OpenCandy' adware after I installed Foxit reader...

Reply to
Chris