OT TEAM philosophies

ever been to one of those annoying seminars/workshops where idiots in suits spout drivel about how marvelous teams are? I have, and found them utter crap. They love to say inane things, two of which are given below, along with repartee:

drivel: TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More

response: TEAM - Teams Encourage Absolute Mediocrity

and of course research has shown that teams dont do that, they just make people think they are achieving more.

drivel: There is no "I" in TEAM

response: No, but there is a "U" in CUNT

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

I believe the British are notorious for that. They seem to hire second rate American trainers. Too bad, because the good ones are good.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I doubt it. Any seminar I go to that is fronted by a yank immediately makes me expect a shitload of verbal diarrhoea.

I once went on a assertiveness for managers course. It was the only course given by a yank that was any good - but he had had a serious nervous breakdown before he became a normal human being ;-)

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Those management courses is how the Meetings and Charts 'n Graphs Brigade gets formed. Usually formed of MF's, who head for the RE at the first sign of trouble.

Saying "the way forward" is one of the markers.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to