OT: Stem Cell Research - fer it or agin it?

Well, he has the "right" to pay for the upkeep if the fetus gets expelled and survives, becoming a "baby".

You're missing the point. "WE" have NO right to do anything with any fetus in any woman, except what she explicitly asks to be done.

The woman whose uterus it's in has the right to do whatever with it that she wants, period. [sick pun unintended, but noted during proofing]

Or, are you saying that by becoming pregnant, a woman has gets stripped of the Constitutional protection of her rights?

Government power MUST STOP AT OUR SKIN! It's supposed to stop at the front gate, but they've been chipping away at that for generations.

Thnks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

The woman who'd making it in her uterus is the owner, and she was "endowed by [her] creator with certain unalienable rights...", so she can do anything to the fetus that she wants to. For perspective, is there a law against selling your own kidney to the highest bidder? Oh, wait - I guess there is.

Well, that sucks too!

But the point is, it's HER fetus, so she can do anything to it she wants to.

But YOU are not allowed to assault that woman. (unless she consents, of course)

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

She can if she wants - you're seriously misunderstanding the concept of private property here.

Women are THEIR OWN property, they're not yours, or the state's, or the church's or anybody else's property - that would be called "slavery".

If I find a wart on my penis, do I have a right to have it removed, or do you want to adopt it?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

A new version of "no knock" rules?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:21:54 -0800, John Larkin wrote: ...

Yes, but

(A) The United States isn't a theocracy, or wasn't supposed to be, despite what the Bush cabal trying to pull.

(B) According to the Constitution, you're a person when you're born:

Amendment XIV

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and ^^^^ subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. ...

It's just that simple. If you're not born, you're not a person.

I know, "MacDuff was from his mother's womb untimely rip'd" and all that, but that's THE WOMAN'S CHOICE, and no one else's. These days, "mother hacked open and fetus pulled out" seems to qualify as "born".

I wonder how many Repugnacons were Caesarians? I wonder what percentage of rapists had been circumcised?

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

fighting

there

Akbar

How are they going to get here. Swim maybe? If they did get here what are they going to attack us with? Box cutters maybe? And, heaven forbid, if they did get here we would then have the home field advantage just as the insurgents in Iraq now have that advantage because they are fighting in their own land. They would be the ones with a 10,000 mile supply line. The whole thing is preposterous and you know it. Here's the logic: They cannot and will not wage long range war against us. They have no planes, no ships, no tanks, no missles and so on so what can they do? The only answer is terrorism, but not war. Terrorism cannot be defeated by our waging war in Iraq or anywhere else.We keep terrorists at bay by contolling our borders and contolling who comes in to the US and being vigillent at home not by waging war. War just makes it worse, furthermore we now have killed as many Americans in these wars than were killed in 9/11 which is an absurd reaction if you think about it. It's the "I'm so mad I'm going to kill myself reaction." How dumb is that? It's time to think smarter.

Reply to
Bob Eld

Well, that _would_ be murder.

The difference is, of course, is it inside her body still parasitizing her, or has she expelled it and is it breathing on its own?

The only logical place to draw the line is at the woman's skin.

It's all about property rights - do you own your body, or does the state own you?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Hey, John, you forgot the Thompson smiley. ;-P

Probably pretty low, when you look at the number of pregnancies relative to the amount of sex people are having pretty much 24/7. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

sort of a "no knock up" rule?

This stem cell argument is just there to divide people. It has no practical basis. Most of the cells they would use will get thrown away if they didn't use them. Life isn't all that sacred anyway. We don't seem to mind killing people all over the planet over religious or political differences.

Reply to
gfretwell

Everyone knows, 97.5% of statistics are made up on the spot to prove a point.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

That would be "available, healthy, pre-verbal, white" babies. There are a lot of black and hispanic babies to go around. That's not racist, it's just an observation.

But I did make up a sick joke - just down the street from here, there's a joint called "American Baby Store". It's just stuff that people buy when they get a new baby, but I make a crack about the name - "Yeah, the American babies you have to BUY - the Mexican and African babies are free!"

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

And 9/11 happened HOW ??

...Jim Thompson

You're saying you can still get it up?

That's very encouraging - Thanks! ;-) Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Church, government, what's in a name? It's some external authority figure whose job it is to override your Free Will, whether by divine edict or mobocracy.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Again, I seem to have not made myself clear here - there shouldn't be any taxes in the first place!

What gives anyone the "right" to take food out of your children's mouths to pay other people's bills?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Is that from "George Dubya's Official Guide to Republican Big Words"?

According to

it's:

  • S: (n) platitude, cliche, banality, commonplace, bromide (a trite or obvious remark)"

Didn't know Dubyaism turned you into an ignoramus too, but I had a hunch.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Because Dubya wanted to kiss up to the Saudis so he let them enter the country easier than Canadians.

The easy path to the United States for three of the 9/11 hijackers By Edward T. Pound

Three of the hijackers in the September 11 terrorist attacks obtained visas in Saudi Arabia through a brand-new program designed to make it easier for qualified visa applicants to visit the United States, an American government official said tonight. The Visa Express program, put in place just four months before the attacks, allowed the three hijackers to arrange their visas through a State Department-designated travel agency, the official says. Fifteen of the 19 hijackers obtained their U.S. travel visas in Saudi Arabia. None of the three men, the American government official says, was ever questioned by U.S. consular officers in Saudi Arabia. Each took his travel papers and passport to a commercial travel agency, which submitted the applications to the State Department.

Visas that Should Have Been Denied Joel Mowbray

The cover story in National Review's October 28th issue (out Friday) details how at least 15 of the 19 September 11 hijackers should have been denied visas - an assessment based on expert analyses of 15 of the terrorists' visa-application forms, obtained exclusively by NR. In the year after 9/11, the hand-wringing mostly centered on the FBI and CIA's failure to "connect the dots." But that would not have been a fatal blow if the "dots" had not been here in the first place. If the U.S. State Department had followed the law, at least 15 of the 19 "dots" should have been denied visas - and they likely wouldn't have been in the United States on September 11, 2001.

According to expert analyses of the visa-application forms of 15 of the 9/11 terrorists (the other four applications could not be obtained), all the applicants among the 15 reviewed should have been denied visas under then-existing law. Six separate experts who analyzed the simple, two-page forms came to the same conclusion: All of the visa applications they reviewed should have been denied on their face.

Defying the conventional wisdom that al Qaeda had provided its operatives with extensive training to game the system with the right answers to guarantee a visa, the applications were littered with red flags, almost all of which were ignored. The forms were also plagued with significant amounts of missing information - something that should have been sufficient grounds to deny many of the visas.

Homer J Simpson

I find it sad that so many cows have to die to provide hamburger for whiney kids who will throw the food away after one bite.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

US Federal Income Tax has induced a death spiral into the US system. If all needed income came from duties Chinese imports would be less of a problem. There would also be a lot less bribery of politicians - and less pork.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

--
So all of those babies born before the constitution was ratified had
no rights?

And babies born since, but where our constitution doesn't apply,
also have no rights?
Reply to
John Fields