OT: Sprinkler valve question

?

This I didn't get the meaning of. Anyhow, it's in there, works ok, except for a bit rapid turn-off. Maybe some day the valve designers figure out how to correct that but I might not live to see that, considering the "speed" of progress in that field ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

does it not, and usually not far from where it enters the structure.

much water? Sounds unsustainable to me.

Hmm, your reply arrived with a long delay versus the PM copy you had sent. So let me copy my answer:

There are two such closets. One would be reachable from that location after a very long and contortuous pipe run. But, two things:

a. The closet's hot water heater is already hanging off of a lengthy tap-off from water main that runs through numerous 90-degree bends.

b. On top of those bends I'd have several more in the pipe to the location where the valves are now. It's just not that easy, otherwise I'd done it a long time ago like I did with the south part of the house. But even there I did lose an uncomfortable amount of pressure for the front shrubs.

As for unsustainable, no. We do not use a lot of water. Yes, it's a lot of plants and a large fully landscaped property because it was almost like that when we bought the house. But we have no lawns. Our water consumption is lower than neighbor homes which have smaller lots and no pool.

The watering times are quite short and usually every other day. We do need the water to get everywhere in due time though. Due time is only possible if there's enough flow. Else we'd be overwatering the stuff closer to the valves and starving other areas.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

he hot

=A0 =A0 ... HomeDepot carries

We have 6 Lawn Genie valve installed 20 years ago. Couple of years ago, i opened up a broken one and decided to replace all the diaphragms. 4 out of 6 were broken, some while taking it out. Fortunately, it was not difficult to remove the screws and open up the plastic housing. The diaphragms can be replaced without removing the valve from the pipes. Around 30 minutes for all 6 valves. The valves should last forever, just have to replace the diaphragms every 10 years.

linnix