House power meter question

I had a question i wondered if anyone could answer. If you take a pipe and hammer it into the ground in your yard and connect a wire to it,,and use that as the negative wire,,then connect a wire to your ac outlet to the hot wire. It reads on a meter around 110 volts but at a lower amperage. So if you used that to say charge batteries would it bypass your house meter and its working hall effect principal?? Would this be almost like free power if it dont register on the meter,,even if its at a lower amperage? Any comments appreciated..

Reply to
steve

Re-volting!

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460
Reply to
Don McKenzie

"steve"

** No.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Beware of natural selection... it often occurs when people attempt to cheat electricity!

Reply to
rowan194

Amp-ly explained. :-)

Reply to
Bob Parker

Has Darwin struck again?

Reply to
sutherland_oz

See the switch next to the meter? Flick that off and you don't get charged for any electricity usage at all. Your test equipment will not measure any usage and indeed the meter will appear to have stopped.

It really is that simple.

--
Regards

Kevin Martin

To reply - delete what is "not required" (Abbrev) from my address.
Reply to
Kevin Martin

and

hot

if

and

if

comments

You will be charged a base rate...so not exactly true but close.

Reply to
Lord Garth

closer to 240 in australia,

and

no. the meter measures what comes in on the hot...

if it didn't register it would be, but it does.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Ohm y! you do sing well

(or if I have to spell it out Oh my

Reply to
quietguy

Some is showing some Resistance to paying his dues.

Reply to
atec 77

It Hz when you say things like that!

Reply to
Bob Parker

You can pull a few mA off the phone line before the line opens if you want some free energy to charge nicads. Much easier to use a solar panel though!

Another source of "free" energy is a tuned inductor tuned to local radio station but you have to live fairly close to their transmitting antenna. again only micro amps.

Reply to
lentildude

geez, were you WIRED when you wrote that? Seriously, it's just not neutral to be asking such silly questions.

mike

Reply to
Mike Paull

If you're gunna pinch electricity, you gotta plan it carefully. If it was me, I'd do it in three phases.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Thats shocking.

Reply to
Two Bob

Whilst there's a lot of power in that argument, what is the OP's capacity to do so without resistance from the authorities?

Reply to
swanny

This is a highly reactive thread, there is only one solution to the original poster's problem.

The retroincabulator:

:-D

Cheers, Ray

Reply to
Ray

This is serious enough to report to A Current Affair to work out watt's watt...

Reply to
Bob Parker

Or serious enough current to charge a Volts-wagon with a good set of shocks.

Don...