OT: Some Sort Of 20th Century Prison

Some Sort Of 20th Century Prison....

...Jim Thompson

The latest craze is an open type sort of living room setup. No more Cube's.

Which makes sense. Cube's tend to be stuffy and restrict creativity.

Martin Riddle

Even worse.

It makes no sense at all. There is nothing to absorb noise.

Reply to
krw

TLSI/Telephonics is still in the 19th Century ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Indeed! I like big drafting tables! And just big flat tables!

At the old house I had the classic drafting table with straight-edge on cables ;-)

Not enough room here, though I am contemplating dumping a couch out of my office to make room for a good-sized conference table. ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

Me too. Heirachical design lets me put everything on A4 sheets - but even there, A3 would be nicer - but having your design up on a board where everybody could take a look at it and ask you why you were doing it that way was a whole lot more educational.

Messy though. We never actually rated a design on the basis of number of the half-drunk cups of coffee sitting around on the adjacent shelves, but there were usually enough to tell you when something interesting was being brewed up.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

The most productive environments I have worked have been multiples of around 4 guys in an office, all working the same project

--
Dirk

The New Futurism : ZERO STATE : http://zerostate.net
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

The most productive environments I've worked in are where there is enough space in the OFFICES to have two or three people get together and a door so the "meeting" doesn't spill over into others' work space. It's also good to have the technical lead have a larger office space, where the team can get together and hash out issues.

Reply to
krw