OT: Science of dropping things

They all go here:

DaveC

We need resistive load-cells measuring the washer/dryer weight. Then look for few-gram sudden losses. Or, will monitoring the socks' existence caus e the disappearances to halt? If it does, how about if we don't watch, and also destroy the record, will that make existing socks suddenly vanish?

I notice that for every ~10 missing socks, a couple of strange socks appear . Well, maybe it's cats. Someday we'll find many KG of catpee-soaked so cks packed into a big baseboard slot down in the cellar.

Reply to
Bill Beaty

Mine are all black stretch socks with individual texture patterns, so I'm never lacking, but also I'm very aware of any gone missing.

I notice occasional socks with a holes in the heel, where half the sock has tried disappearing into the hole. A failed Klein bottle attempt? one which never went fully 4-Dee.

Reply to
Bill Beaty

If Shroedinger is right, just leave the box open and they'll stop disappearing - problem solved!

Mens? Perhaps you wife...

I think you'd notice even one cat-pee-soaked sock hidden anywhere in the house.

Reply to
krw