OT: Ron Paul

Ron Paul introduced the "American Traveler Dignity Act" (H.R. 6416) with the following words. (This is a transcript of his actual speech.)

Ron Paul: Thank you, Mr. Speaker. I rise this evening to announce that I introduced some legislation today dealing with the calamity that we have found at our airports with TSA. Something has to be done. Everybody is fed up. The people are fed up, the pilots are fed up, I'm fed up.

You know, I've come to this floor many times over the past many years and complained about the terrible foreign policy we've had, the terrible monetary policy we?ve had, the excessive spending and the debt and also the tax policy. But what we're doing and what we're accepting in putting up with at this airport is so symbolic of us just not standing up and saying, "Enough is enough."

Reply to
Robert Baer

Are there any links to this?

We should draft him for President, 2012. Or his favorite son, Rand.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You can't draft a Commander in Chief, dummy.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

In one of the recent Daily Crux if i remember correctly.

Reply to
Robert Baer

What about Dwight D. Eisenhower? FIVE star General (the last of such positions), served as Supreme Commander of the Allied forces in Europe.

Reply to
Robert Baer

People have to vote them. Ron Paul was on the ballot for the last presidential election, and there were hundreds or maybe 1000 'Vote for Ron Paul' signs in the area, but he didn't get even one vote in Marion County Florida.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

[snip]

Terrell is merely obsessed with making me wrong. I have no idea where he got the personal hardon for me, so I merely ignore him.

But, assuming I didn't use the right term, what verb would you use to talk a reluctant person into running for prez?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise