OT: Rigol scope

I know at least one user here uses a Rigol scope, maybe you can help. I downloaded the PC control software

but the .rar is corrupt. That's weird. What do you use to control the scope by USB?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Just e-mail the tech support people (the ones in China, not the North American site). They were very responsive when I had a couple of questions about mine.

I used an older version of that software once. I didn't really like using the scope that way so I only use it the "old fashioned" way now. ;-)

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

I'm kicking myself for not keeping a version of that locally. Was it still called Ultrascope? Seems to me that's a new name.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Ultrascope sounds right I think. I believe that it is a special version of someone elses (not Rigol) software.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Thanks. I know at work we have the older version but I'm stuck at home. Just wanna capture some waveforms. Should probably go outside instead.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

I thought so, too. Until I discovered that I could display full screen on the lab computer and then leave the magnifier glasses on my nose while looking at a trace. Very handy if you have to deal with 0402 and stuff like that and the eyes aren't those of a teenager anymore. Before I used this software I always had to take the 3x glasses off, put the reading glasses on, look at trace, take those off, 3x back on, solder,

3x off, reading glasses on, look at trace, ...

Unfortunately I can't help here because my scope is from Instek.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

tions

sing

I am sorry your having trouble with our software and the web site, we are currenlty working hard to iprove. Write me with your instrument product number and serial number and I will send your the current code. We now have a support center in Colorado where we can handle these and other support questions.

Thanks Jack Brand GM RIGOL US

Reply to
jack_brand