OT: Pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic transmission of Covid-19

Says who? Do medical personnel have 1000x the infection rate too?

Like I said in another part of this thread, how do I get a 100% infection rate in the first place? From that, what mitigations can be added that have any basis? Nobody is talking about this so far. It's just baloney about masks or diapers on faces and 6 feet in a world where people are trees and don't move around etc.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

You went off about welding producing toxic fumes, which is not what a welding mask designed for arc processes is designed to protect against.

I need some wrought iron fences made, you'll be issued the "better than nothing" gear shown here:

Should be good enough.

The people are not the government. Huge difference.

Let me know when you work out the ifs and buts and make that claim reality.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of useless/wasteland states and areas in the US. Illinois isn't one of them.

True. Illinois is not a vast wasteland with completely unusable areas.

Sorry you have to bail ship and move to another island to find a place that isn't dried up or burned out.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

:
:

te:

lic from

.

ess

aren't

ick of

aim

g from

t's

.

ed to

trap some of the virus loaded droplets floating around.

a mask.

,

ch

etal

It's you that seemed to think that welding masks were in any way relevant.

omemade rag muzzle is proper

se that

es a

er

ost

The government exists to promote the interests of the people they govern. The wellness of the people they've been elected to govern is definitely a f air test of their performance. You do seem to have misunderstood what I was saying, again.

e.

It's a

n.

the

Why bother. You are stuck in Illinois and what to persuade yoruself that it isn't too bad.

he

That's a matter of opinion.

That too is matter of opinion.

Tasmania may be an island, but it is part of Australia, and part of the Aus tralian continental plate. The west side of Tasmania gets a lot of rain. T he wine-growers seem to be buying up bits in the middle and towards the eas t coast which are dry enough for vineyards.

Parts of the main-land get adequate rainfall now, and will probably keep on getting it - though the well-watered bits may move around a bit. The risk is that they might get a bit too warm as global warming continues. Last yea r's bush-fires were spectacular and burnt up a lot of areas that hadn't bur nt for hundred - and probably thousands - of years, but they didn't burn up all that big an area of the continent - 2.4% in total.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Says anybody with any sense. Not that John Larkin frequently exhibits this much sense.

Medical personnel are exposed to a lot more people who have the disease - s ick people do go to hospitals - and if they catch it, the nature of their w ork means that the people they might pass it on to are people who really s houldn't be exposed to the virus

It was a silly question

Everybody has talked about it. Lockdowns reduce the infection rate, contact tracing and the pre-emptive isolation of people who might have been infect ed (for 14-days from the date of possible infection) reduce it even further .

Dealing with tactics that make infection less likely does seem to be too c omplicated for your tiny brain. You will just have to get used to feeling s tupid - it looks as if you have already had plenty of practice.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I think I have mentioned many times that the various rules about how many p eople can meet, distances, using masks, et. al. are no guarantee of not get ting infected. They simply reduce the likelihood of infection to the point where the disease will stop spreading at a rate that increases the number of infected each day, instead as we saw in the US during thee month of May, the infection rate drops and even the number of active cases also started to drop by the beginning of June when much of the US decided that was good enough and started to reopen.

You've already made up your mind that masks, distancing, et. al. have no fu nction in spreading this disease. Do you really think that masks do not re duce the spreading rate? Do you think distancing does not reduce the sprea ding rate? Do you really think limiting your exposure to groups of people does not reduce the spreading rate?

Why not? Why do you demand "proof" of their effectiveness? Isn't it proof enough that in the US, every time we apply these measures we get the disea se on the run and every time we back off the use of these measures the dise ase roars back? Do you need double blind, placebo controlled studies to se e the impact of fighting this disease?

How about if we apply engineering techniques and use what works? Look at t he numbers in Texas and Florida over the last three months and see if you c an draw any conclusions. Do you see any correlations with the actions and the words of the governments there?

--

  Rick C.

  ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C