OT: PostScript printing problem

1) Pick and install a postscript printer assigned to print to FILE. 2) In Adobe reader, use that printer and print to a file named appropriately. 3) Use GSView and note that top two inches (approximately) of every page is missing so the balance of the page is moved up that amount.

Tried a number of postscript printers - same for all.

How fix?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I just used Adobe Reader 10, printed via Apple LaserWriter II NTX v51.8 to a file, then opened with gsview, no problem, except the size is slightly smaller than the original... i.e. larger margins... maybe a setting I missed.

You're just lucky... like Joerg >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Do you have the correct media size selected in GSView? Displaying an A4 page on US letter media could cut the top off.

Don't use Adobe reader. Use GSView, with the pswrite driver, to directly convert the pdf to Postscript.

Or, even better, use Ghostscript from the command line;

gswin32c -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pswrite -r600 -sOutputFile=(your file name) (your pdf file)

Adobe products suck.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

That could be the problem. I've had issues with ghostscript and page orientation. Seems to work differently depending upon the postscript file.

Martin Riddle

But older versions don't, I have both Acrobat 4 and Acrobat 7... they work just great. ...Jim Thompson

Yup. Actually I've seen that myself... people sending me PostScript schematics and I had to adjust page size. ...Jim Thompson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^------- check!

Thanks for the tip!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Never thought of that; will check it out. Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I'm not impressed with Acrobat 6.0. It works, but has lots of features that "suck". It has some editing features, "commenting" they call it, which are all but impossible to use. I cringe when I have to mark up a PS document.

--

Rick
Reply to

Perhaps use something better than adobe reader?

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Run the file through Acrobat.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

I had the same thing yesterday, viewing an A4 portrait in GSview, with media rotation accidentally turned on. Turning the media right way up fixed things.

Moral: If image orientation is right, media rotation might not be.

We all do silly things :-)

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse